Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If current models are anything to go by, Wednesday may just be the last rain for a while, which will come as good news whether you've had too much of it or not.

As a fitness person, I just miss doing cardio outside (generally dislike doing it in the gym) but it's so unpleasant when everything is wet and all the local paths and woods are mudfests. Last year was much better in this respect.

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, MP-R said:

If current models are anything to go by, Wednesday may just be the last rain for a while, which will come as good news whether you've had too much of it or not.

As a fitness person, I just miss doing cardio outside (generally dislike doing it in the gym) but it's so unpleasant when everything is wet and all the local paths and woods are mudfests. Last year was much better in this respect.

I wouldn't be so sure Mike, fax charts suggest to me a potentially showery Thursday and fronts approaching from the West Friday night into Saturday.

Lovely day, washing on the line, although I had to wade across the lawn to do so lol .

Posted
44 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I wouldn't be so sure Mike, fax charts suggest to me a potentially showery Thursday and fronts approaching from the West Friday night into Saturday.

Lovely day, washing on the line, although I had to wade across the lawn to do so lol .

Yeah I noticed that too, I'm just thinking maybe the showers won't get much inland given the quite weak flow off the Atlantic. Pressure also high and getting higher throughout Saturday so probably (hopefully) only very light precipitation down here. I fear the dreaded drizzle fest.

Posted
7 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Groundhog Monday, soaked again this morning travelling to work, this is becoming the norm these days, starting the week soaked..whilst this week looks different it'll be get wet most days this week..

The Middle Stour is now flood warned, so another day or so it'll be in the lower Stour, watch out Christchurch here it comes, especially with more rain over the next two days..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I need some help @karlos1983 - I have just found the world's brightest production flashlight back in stock on Gearbest, and I have also been mailed a promo-code  for it, which knocks £120 off of the price. Do I buy it?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I need some help @karlos1983 - I have just found the world's brightest production flashlight back in stock on Gearbest, and I have also been mailed a promo-code  for it, which knocks £120 off of the price. Do I buy it?

Wont help if your searching for snow flakes down here....:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Hell yes!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Didn’t turn out too bad today with quite of bit of sun amongst the cloudier spells during the afternoon. The ground started to dry out in patches but that doesn’t look lasting long. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Didn’t turn out too bad today with quite of bit of sun amongst the cloudier spells during the afternoon. The ground started to dry out in patches but that doesn’t look lasting long. 

Checking the following it looks damp over your way https://www.floodalerts.com/.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Checking the following it looks damp over your way https://www.floodalerts.com/.

Fortunately it’s not so bad where I am but I wouldn’t be surprised if the small stream down the road rises a lot since that winter is runoff from the forest. 

Posted
9 hours ago, jethro said:

Oh my goodness, it's actually stopped raining after what turned out to be a positively vile weekend weatherwise. I've got an old pond that I emptied and removed the liner from, yesterday it was very nearly full with water, a combination of what was falling and rising water levels in the ground, everything is absolutely saturated around here. Wouldn't want to be living on the Somerset levels this week, can see it causing problems again when all that rain filters down off these hills.

Good point. We have the same run off from the Welsh mountains. It'll be soggy for a good while yet in Gloucestershire too.

And, why did it wait until Monday for the fiery ball to show its face - when we're tucked inside at work? Anyway, it was quite a brief outing. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well a little birdy tells me that they all have a full thaw taking place up north now.. :D

Not even the M4 can keep out the southwesterly's now :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Which idiot decided to drive across the moors to Street to collect their son from football training?

That would be me. :rofl:

The scary point was realising that not only was the road under water but I was sat in a lake when I could see the lights of Glastonbury glimmering on the water. I nearly had kittens. I won’t do that again, I’m glad the car made it through! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

Just imagine having that down here :cray::shok:

Is that what falling snow looks like? I've forgotten. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Do you know what? The other day it actually DID snow. It was absolutely amazing.

Then I woke up  :sorry:

Posted
9 minutes ago, khodds said:

Do you know what? The other day it actually DID snow. It was absolutely amazing.

Then I woke up  :sorry:

Seems we're all more likely to see snow that way than in reality. 

Posted

Tropical is the word for this morning. 10C to start the day, dry so far though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Another grey, damp start here but at least it's not raining, also very mild. Although we've had quite a few frosts here this winter overall it's been mild with the frost either not sharp enough, or lingering long enough to cool the ground a great deal; my snowdrops are flowering already, on average they usually flower around Valentines day.

Posted
On 1/22/2018 at 09:56, karlos1983 said:

10mm tomorrow then 20mm on Wednesday going off latest hi res models.

only had 4mm this morning and there was standing water everywhere. So god knows what fun awaits on Wednesday. 

Today's rainfall seems to be a lot different than in amount to the models, we picked up a mere 2.3mm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Dank mild and foggy, making a wet moor feel even wetter! Oh for blue skys!!!