Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Despite the MetO showing heavy rain for 13 hours, 6 of them have brought just 7mm. There's only been bits & pieces of rain, nothing persistent. The charts yesterday showed much of the rain missing here, and they still do.

viewimage.thumb.png.a2e52a265656c4533e7dd36ff03e4959.png

Temp: 8.7°C - Hum: 98% - Dew: 8.4°C - Bar: 1010.23hPa - Wind: Calm.

Nothing convective showing up on any charts I've seen @karlos1983

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Despite the MetO showing heavy rain for 13 hours, 6 of them have brought just 7mm. There's only been bits & pieces of rain, nothing persistent. The charts yesterday showed much of the rain missing here, and they still do.

viewimage.thumb.png.a2e52a265656c4533e7dd36ff03e4959.png

Temp: 8.7°C - Hum: 98% - Dew: 8.4°C - Bar: 1010.23hPa - Wind: Calm.

Nothing convective showing up on any charts I've seen @karlos1983

Cheers wasn’t sure if this was because of convection or just a front.

F19C8973-8EE9-4893-9644-E010669A5DBB.thumb.png.d01bae841da7957604dc940a3a8040eb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Cheers wasn’t sure if this was because of convection or just a front.

F19C8973-8EE9-4893-9644-E010669A5DBB.thumb.png.d01bae841da7957604dc940a3a8040eb.png

Just a small area of low pressure scraping by. Majority of models keep it across France. Some show a bit of rain for the SW and S coast, but zero convective parameters.

• Like 1

Posted

Roger that, cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Sounds like a major police incident has been declared in North Devon- flash flooding in Combe Martin. Photos don’t look good.

Posted

Flooding throughout North Devon. Places affected include Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Combe Martin, Clayton and Umberleigh.

Devon and Cornwall police advise only vital transport throughout North Devon due to road closures, land slips and flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
25 minutes ago, philglossop said:

A1E47BB3-B830-4EF4-BD9F-3715B602B93F.png

58F916E6-780A-4350-94A2-CF434E4DB32C.jpeg

Makes a nice change to see a drop of rain after this prolonged cold spell we have endured :nea:

I think most of us would settle for a big static high sat over us for 2 weeks at least it would dry out and we could see some frost although you know it would end up being a dirty cloudy high with endless gloom.:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

With the snow still falling in other areas of the country I have no doubt that the winter of 17/18 will be remembered very differently. For us usual wrong side of marginal muck close but no cigar where as places such as Malvern northwards will place 17/18 as good to great for snow. Yes it' only January and I tend to hunt the cold till March 12th but this year it feels different i wonder if the chips are down already (they were not exactly up in the first place)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Agreed NK! This winter has got to the point where it would just be nice if it could be dry! ... and the rainfall totals haven't even been that high here. 

Posted

When you look at the local football around here these are just of the last games played.

Bodmin Town - 27th December 

Callington Town - 13th December!!!

Its just been raining most periods since New Year. My last walk on Dartmoor was 1st January in a window of relative nice mid morning. The moors were saturated then so lord knows what they’re like now!

Posted

Temp here at 9.30 this morn was 2c; now up to 8c.

Oh for a Barty to set up shop this week:D

Fed up of this Winter already.

• Like 1

Posted

This weather has played with peoples minds....poor jtay has cracked completely and gone to watch Southampton play football,let that be a warning to all,years chasing snow that doesn't ever arrive can do horrible things to a person,the poor lad lol

Posted
15 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Temp here at 9.30 this morn was 2c; now up to 8c.

Oh for a Barty to set up shop this week:D

Fed up of this Winter already.

Currently a balmy 12.1c here. Just nipped to the shop in t shirt. No jumper needed

Posted

Up to 8.9c now after starting off at 3.0c this morning. Just started raining again ☔️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Up to 8.9c now after starting off at 3.0c this morning. Just started raining again ☔️ 

Similar here, 9.1°C. :bad:

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, jy said:

This weather has played with peoples minds....poor jtay has cracked completely and gone to watch Southampton play football,let that be a warning to all,years chasing snow that doesn't ever arrive can do horrible things to a person,the poor lad lol

Not going now jy. My mates ill and I'm not doing a round trip via Lymington to pick up and drop off the tickets.

At least I'll stay dry now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, jtay said:

Not going now jy. My mates ill and I'm not doing a round trip via Lymington to pick up and drop off the tickets.

At least I'll stay dry now.

Dodged a bullet. :rofl:

Posted

Having been out and around outside for a few hours I can confirm it's wet, and it's that slow falling, soak you to the skin type rain. Back inside now, think I'll start on Britannia now..

Currently 9.3C and rainfall measure just keeps on climbing, now at 8.3mm, even the birds in the garden have taken cover..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Agreed NK! This winter has got to the point where it would just be nice if it could be dry! ... and the rainfall totals haven't even been that high here. 

Currently up to 24mm here and still raining. It's been a thoroughly miserable winter made all the worst with most of the rest of the country seeing snow. Would love to see some prolonged dry weather , and I don't mind if it's of the warmer rather than colder.

Unless we see an epic cold spell develop, anything slightly less that involves the words marginal means more rain for the south west. Dry whether it's cold or mild please.

Posted

Stopped raining for the moment but now it’s turned misty instead so still miserable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
8 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Currently up to 24mm here and still raining. It's been a thoroughly miserable winter made all the worst with most of the rest of the country seeing snow. Would love to see some prolonged dry weather , and I don't mind if it's of the warmer rather than colder.

Unless we see an epic cold spell develop, anything slightly less that involves the words marginal means more rain for the south west. Dry whether it's cold or mild please.

Not far off 20mm here either. 

For you yes. Honestly, if you want snow from anything other than what you say, you've got to move away from the Gulf of Severn. I'm just glad I saw settling snow twice in December otherwise this winter would be worse than last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Not far off 20mm here either. 

For you yes. Honestly, if you want snow from anything other than what you say, you've got to move away from the Gulf of Severn. I'm just glad I saw settling snow twice in December otherwise this winter would be worse than last.

I love snow, but not enough to move house.

In all fairness, you're right, this is not a good place to live if you like anything extreme. Poor for snow and cold, not very good for summer storms either.

I think I will need to book myself some weather holidays in the years to come, storm chasing for storms and Iceland or Norway for cold and snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just been out for Sunday lunch, the roads are awful and the rain still pours down. 

Imagine if all this rain was snow ?