Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

3 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Will that shower make it to Nuneaton lol. It's on track 😁

Might be next for you, really heavy here now and blowing about.  Settling too.  :yahoo:

This makes me feel greedy 😈 But if correct, could see snow falling everyday. 

9649BAA2-2A3D-48C7-8EFC-39629E0C738C.thumb.png.705531f2d891d35755fd53edc150cbb2.png

I think, to be fair, with tomorrow, even if the heavy stuff does miss most of us to the North, always a chance we could catch some heavy snow showers coming in from the East or North East!

3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

That Met Office video forecast makes no sense for Tuesday. The track of the low is different to all computer models and goes against their own warnings and written forecasts.

The forecast didn't cover Friday.

Which video are you referring to ? Sounds very much the typical business case of "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing".

Doesn't look nearly as good as it was on forecast for my area.:closedeyes:

I'm sure it will be fine.:aggressive:

Ok. Just seen the Met Office week ahead forecast. A spell of snow Thursday and then nothing on Friday. Makes no sense either.

Can't believe how much it's struggling to stick considering its below zero. Thought we would have no problem with that this week.

Ok. Just seen the Met Office week ahead forecast. A spell of snow Thursday and then nothing on Friday. Makes no sense either.

Yeah I have been looking too it seems same for here.:nea:

8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

That Met Office video forecast makes no sense for Tuesday. The track of the low is different to all computer models and goes against their own warnings and written forecasts.

The forecast didn't cover Friday.

Not updated at a guess. 6 o'clock news on BBC will give a better idea 

Refusing to believe what MO are forecasting.

Agree there is a gap on Thursday with no snow but surely they are wrong about Wed / Fri?

Tuesday has turned a bit rubbish whereas it was looking great.

Also Wednesday. 

Hope Friday pays off..

Edited by WinterWilf

Baffled by the Met Office today. Watch the BBC forecasts instead if you need cheering up :rofl:

Edited by MattStoke

2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Baffled by the Met Office today. Watch the BBC forecasts jnstead if you need cheering up :rofl:

I have just checked radar and the window now snowing very fine better than it has been. But only looks like a small shower.:D

Baffled by the Met Office today. Watch the BBC forecasts jnstead if you need cheering up :rofl:

Lolll  Tuesday  heavy snow Brum Westwards   what a mess  and blizzards  THR Friday

Edited by weirpig

Snow showers continue here.

Temp -1.2c

Wind chill -4.7c

Dp -3.4c

Hard small flakes falling at reasonable amount.

Can see the blues sky coming though. Short and sweet.

20180226_141201.jpg

Had to reduce picture quality look rubbish now.

Edited by WinterWilf

I think everywhere except Northampton has had a bit of snow today :closedeyes: Radar has a massive snow shield in full swing!

Re- Meto forecasts.  I've been on their site a few times today (but not every time)& there's been a message saying 'difficult to input data try later' . Maybe they're having technical problems. 

We weren't expected to have much in this neck of the woods until later tonight/tomorrow morning so not unduly worried at this stage.

Looking at radar as it comes across there just seems to be a broken up line bit with just the very light stuff coming my way for the next hour or so..

Right going to brave the beast off to the shop..

If I don't return tell my wife I love her.. :cold:

For Stoke:

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Extremely cold with a significant wind chill for most. Frequent snow showers throughout, with some brighter spells. Probably a spell of prolonged and disruptive snowfall arriving Thursday night into Friday.

So do we believe the models, the BBC and the Met Office written forecasts, or the Met Office video forecasts? 🤔

8E48D98B-B9CB-4540-9928-1F813A126DA3.png