Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

30 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Wow out of nowhere very heavy and huge flakes here in south Nottingham. Almost a white sheet coming down.

West Bridgford but it only lasted 5 minutes.

There is a big west ward shift on the low for Tuesday   heading for Wales  by the Models  expecting the Warnings to change soon.

2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

There is a big west ward shift on the low for Tuesday   heading for Wales  by the Models  expecting the Warnings to change soon.

To still include Midlands?

Temps are still at 0 or below widely across england!!dont expect it to rise much!!shame bout tomorrows polar low we too far south!!hopefully showers can make up for it!!

1 minute ago, BhamBoy said:

To still include Midlands?

Lighter stuff  in West Midlands  Heavy stuff over towards North Wales  on a few models.   I Always find the Euro 4 the best  so i shall wait for that to come out first

Just to highlight my point about Apps. This is for Belper for today 

Screenshot_20180226-102800.thumb.png.123de27da37c7ef71745b2a4bb2b74b6.png

Rain showers!!! It is currently snowing outside 😆

Edited by Supacell

West Midlands looks good for Tuesday. Euro4 and ECM bring it right over us. On the GFS it sods off to Wales.

Just now, MattStoke said:

West Midlands looks good for Tuesday. Euro4 and ECM bring it right over us. On the GFS it sods off to Wales.

Does that include leicester on the ecm mate🤔

Just now, MattStoke said:

And the Hirlam Icon And Aperge.   Ill wait for the Euro 4  before i start throwing things  ;)

3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Does that include leicester on the ecm mate🤔

North and West of Brum. Lighter snow further east. There'll be plenty of snow showers packing in anyway.

Thus far snow showers have very little intensity by the time they're over here, it's been snowing very lightly for several hours now but not even a dusting yet. Hopefully more intensity later in the day so it settles :)

Surely tomorrow isnt going tits up? How can it bypass us and go to bloody Wales? I will be gutted if this ends up as another damp squib. 

2 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Surely tomorrow isnt going tits up? How can it bypass us and go to bloody Wales? I will be gutted if this ends up as another damp squib. 

Well I'm expecting nothing for the whole week, other than some occasional snow flurries, with nothing settling. If it ends up any different from that in reality, I'll let you know! 

Frequent  very light snow showers this morning but not enough to give a snow cover. Current temp' is -2.2c.

Euro 4 6z  brings showers over most of the midlands  but heaviest towards Stoke then west of Brum   into Wales  for Tuesday

Edited by weirpig

Morning All,

I really think Friday is coming into line nicely now for us to be in a perfect position for us to get a good dumping of snow without it turning to rain. I expect a red metoffice warning to be issues on Wednesday.

Untill then showers, with a chance of something a bit more considerable tomorrow.  

Exciting times!

Latest BBC forecast has the polar low for Tuesday giving the East Mids between 5cm to 10cm and West 2 to 5cm we shall see also has Fridays low as all snow event with Blizzards the plot thickens.

Just now, weirpig said:

Euro 4 6z  brings showers over most of the midlands  but heaviest towards Stoke then west of Brum   into Wales  

Pretty much similar to 00z run then!!think they will take the east midlands out the warning area now and transfer it over to the west mids!!

1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Euro 4 6z  brings showers over most of the midlands  but heaviest towards Stoke then west of Brum   into Wales  for Tuesday

Strange beep is the opposite lol.

1 minute ago, shaky said:

Pretty much similar to 00z run then!!think they will take the east midlands out the warning area now and transfer it over to the west mids!!

To be honest  even the west is touch and go   we shall see Shaky   its Bloody cold though !!

So looks likes coventry will miss most of the snow today and tommorrow 🙄..and not pinning my hopes up for friday/sat etheir looks like a south event atm or am i wrong??