Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

A shouldn't really post in model thread, you were right to 'like' the reply from James, was an error, couldn't edit quick enough

Ha ha we all make them  actually it's a decent ecm  maybe a trend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ECM has Tuesday’s low Further west and then sets up a Wash Gap streamer. Also brings plenty of snow at the end of the week and prolongs the cold spell into the following week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ECM has Tuesday’s low Further west and then sets up a Wash Gap streamer. Also brings plenty of snow at the end of the week and prolongs the cold spell into the following week.

reports on model thread though of less cold for the south? EC looks amazing, yes no -15 uppers, but not needed for frontal snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

reports on model thread though of less cold for the south? EC looks amazing, yes no -15 uppers, but not needed for frontal snow

Very much a southern bias on there. For us it's very good  liking the trend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

reports on model thread though of less cold for the south? EC looks amazing, yes no -15 uppers, but not needed for frontal snow

Only briefly I think. Midlands would stay cold enough for snow and little or no thaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all. An interesting week coming up. Maybe some showers throughout tomorrow before some morn meaningful snow Tuesday. But the real talking point is this system Friday, somewhere in the UK looks set to get an absolute battering, I'm inclined to think the SW, but it's of course too early to tell.

 

But before that, we have the next 48-72 hours to look forward to and distract attention away from the end of the week :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Countryfile forecast. They said 10-15 cm of fresh snow widely. Perhaps briefly turning to rain in the south before turning back to snow again. All snow for the Midlands.

1853008F-0BFF-41CA-9F36-44BC6F7704A0.jpeg

65BC4701-387B-475B-BB84-E77815C17F47.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling the cold right now, just been out to bins- yikes bit of a shock! Proper even more cold -cold on its way overnight, will bite by tomoz:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Countryfile forecast. They said 10-15 cm of fresh snow widely. Perhaps briefly turning to rain in the south before turning back to snow again. All snow for the Midlands.

1853008F-0BFF-41CA-9F36-44BC6F7704A0.jpeg

65BC4701-387B-475B-BB84-E77815C17F47.jpeg

That is crazy!!thats nearly 19 hours of snow for the midlands!!15cms aswell jesus😲😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaky said:

That is crazy!!thats nearly 19 hours of snow for the midlands!!15cms aswell jesus😲😲

Probably more in a few spots I reckon. On top of snow from earlier in the week. Detail bound to chop and change though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Probably more in a few spots I reckon. On top of snow from earlier in the week. Detail bound to chop and change though.

With severe drifts. 2ft plus. Shame friday is currently about 10% sorted. A Low will head in the direction of the cold over the UK. Thats pretty much all any1 can guarentee atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Probably more in a few spots I reckon. On top of snow from earlier in the week. Detail bound to chop and change though.

With severe drifts. 2ft plus. Shame friday is currently about 10% sorted. A Low will head in the direction of the cold over the UK. Thats pretty much all any1 can guarentee atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bbc got worse graphics wise again, was amazing pre 2005, then worse now worse still

I have to agree with you there.

Nothing like the old symbols IMO.

1987 style but -3c max shown on 3 days in the west is as impressive as it gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Very much a southern bias on there. For us it's very good  liking the trend 

I had noticed the southern bias, and then just looked at the location of the most frequent posters. Yep, all southern :nonono:

Edited by kmanmx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dots of ppn appearing in the North Sea headed for Northeast England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whereabouts are the cold uppers now? What would they be reading now over say, Norfolk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gets me on the mod thred is the mention of south constantly, it really should be the far south imo as I class the midlands as south but we ent going mild lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Rammie said:

Whereabouts are the cold uppers now? What would they be reading now over say, Norfolk? 

Should be -10 by now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

What gets me on the mod thred is the mention of south constantly, it really should be the far south imo as I class the midlands as south but we ent going mild lol

The south starts at the Watford Gap according to us (ex) Londoners ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was so good that! won't let me post, am i on restrictions?

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

We actually managed to briefly get up to 5.1°C here in Solihull this afternoon. I wonder when the next time will be that any of us surpass the 5°C mark?

Temperature dropping rapidly now, currently 1.7°C with a dp of -6.9°C

Bish

Bish ..

Nice to have you back to give some readings.

I am now at  -1.0C with a dew point of -9.0C.

Its certainly very dry air at the moment.

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

I had noticed the southern bias, and then just looked at the location of the most frequent posters. Yep, all southern :nonono:

I always assumed there should be impartiality in there.  Thought the 'come to me blizzard conditions' were meant for the regional threads.  There's always some southerner saying something about a 'correction' in other words the model they're posting is suiting their location.  Bloomin' bunch of IMBYs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Countryfile forecast. They said 10-15 cm of fresh snow widely. Perhaps briefly turning to rain in the south before turning back to snow again. All snow for the Midlands.

1853008F-0BFF-41CA-9F36-44BC6F7704A0.jpeg

65BC4701-387B-475B-BB84-E77815C17F47.jpeg

She's my favourite 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...