Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Yes,  3 days under yellow warning now from Monday IMBY. :D 

MO see showers kicking off out east working their way inland Monday.  Vague feeling further upgrades short term! 

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Gfs again is great for the midlands thursday night into friday...could we be seeing something similar to 91??

Gfs is brilliant for the midlands for friday but i expect southward movement on the 12zs!!you could see already across scandi area and greenland theres more push south of the northern heights compared to 00z but somehow still managed to bring that low up from the south!!before that its pretty much sub zero temps all week and snow!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Have to say, think the chances of getting a significant amount are increasing....metO has us under yellows for tues and wed and haven’t even started to think about the weekend! 

Just wish NW would agree lol.... 10 days of cold forecast here, but only snow next weekend!

we shall see........

Posted

Aaahhh beautiful euro4 for sunday night and monday morning!!streamer of snow showers heading straight into the midlands!!thats where the metoffice are getting there warning from i suppose!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Aaahhh beautiful euro4 for sunday night and monday morning!!streamer of snow showers heading straight into the midlands!!thats where the metoffice are getting there warning from i suppose!!

Oh Yes.  Wash Streamer in full effect, right the way across to the Welsh Border by 6am Monday according to Euro 4.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

Chart?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
3 minutes ago, marksp said:

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Mo 26.02.2018 06 GMT

streamer looks great, hoping this comes true. :shok:

Further south please!

Posted

Nottingham did pretty well in November / December 2010 and in March 2013 although there was a vast difference in snow amounts from the north of the city to the south of the city.

I am expecting Nottingham to do well until winds tilt to anything south of easterly. 

As to the low pressure on Friday I suspect it won't get anywhere near the north East Midlands but I might be wrong!

The met office app looks pretty good for the whole week tbh- I really hope the spell goes out with an epic blizzard and then we hit spring quickly ; however, I suspect it will be a long while before we hit 18 degrees this year!

Edited by kev238

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

Wow. Wasn’t expecting it that early.

Indeed a nice surprise  favours brum north on those charts but it could end up further south. Nice way to start the model watching day 

• Like 1

Posted

Have you seen GFS run for midlands, snow totals, totally wappy, but mega amounts for Friday, now that would be great if it came off.

Snow  over 30cm this way

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

I'm meant to be meeting a friend for elevenses on Friday, both of us walking 1-2 miles to reach the cafe... I've suggested we wait til thursday to confirm :)

I know I can do it in any snow, because on Fri 8th Dec I dragged my poor chap on his day off over the hill path to collect some stuff, and coming back we did just fine in total whiteout and the heaviest snow I think i've ever walked in, with a 40+mph northerly in our faces at that. 

But it's possibly not fair to expect a friend to do that just for a cuppa and a caramel shortbread and my company while we knit :D

It's going to b watch-and-wait and in my case jump up and down getting ridiculously excited :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, shaky said:

Gfs is brilliant for the midlands for friday but i expect southward movement on the 12zs!!you could see already across scandi area and greenland theres more push south of the northern heights compared to 00z but somehow still managed to bring that low up from the south!!before that its pretty much sub zero temps all week and snow!!

need a southward movement I think, this GFS run the cold is over by Sunday

Posted

Good afternoon all

im struggling to get me head round the latest charts 

am I correct in thinking for my location , north Nottinghamshire /Derbyshire border , 85 miles inland from the wash the low needs to move south to produce any snow event ?

please help !

Posted
7 hours ago, moorlander said:

i have tried and tried till im blue in the face to warn others but they look at me as though im on something so as of now sod em they can find out the hard way.

You're not alone! Have posted on FB a couple of times to give friends a heads up, so it's up to them now. Even the Lodger has been a bit sceptical about how bad it could be as I passed him the fifth can of tomato soup :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi ...bit late on here today.

Today - not so cold o/n, with a low of -1.8C (DP -7.6C) caused by more cloud hanging around.

Now beautiful and clear with a high at pr3esent of 4.5C though the dp is at -2.5C.

Delighted to see the weather warnings out for early Monday now.

Could be a very interesting week as the winds vary around between the NE and ESE, with the streamers/showers moving around a bit..

We (The whole of the MIds) could be in the sweet spot for Thursday and Friday (and sat and Sunday), if the low does attempt to move North.

I think it will take a second attempt to remove the cold from our area.

All brilliant news for us in this region.

I look forward to many hours with your company this next week!:D

MIA 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 minute ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Today - not so cold o/n, with a low of -1.8C (DP -7.6C) caused by more cloud hanging around.

Now beautiful and clear with a high at pr3esent of 4.5C though the dp is at -2.5C.

Could be a very interesting week as the winds vary around between the NE and ESE, with the streamers/showers moving around a bit..

We (The whole of the MIds) could be in the sweet spot for Thursday and Friday (and sat and Sunday), if the low does attempt to move North.

MIA 

I'm still pinching myself MIA :cold-emoji:

I think this week will be full of surprises regarding snow......Streamers methinks....maybe the weekend :D

Anyway....."I look forward to many hours DAYS with your company this week/next WEEKEND and THE FOLLOWING WEEK" :friends:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I'm still pinching myself MIA :cold-emoji:

I think this week will be full of surprises regarding snow......Streamers methinks....maybe the weekend :D

Anyway....."I look forward to many hours DAYS with your company this week/next WEEKEND and THE FOLLOWING WEEK" :friends:

DWW...

I don't want to push the 'sledge' out too far:yahoo:.But yes lets hope so.

MIA

Posted
20 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

We (The whole of the MIds) could be in the sweet spot for Thursday and Friday (and sat and Sunday), if the low does attempt to move No such things as 'enough'.

MIA 

Only the 4 days? Pfft! Why even bother? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DWW...

I don't want to push the 'sledge' out too far:yahoo:.But yes lets hope so.

MIA

The MET OFFICE wants to take it further.....:cold-emoji::cold::drunk-emoji:

UK Outlook for Sunday 11 Mar 2018 to Sunday 25 Mar 2018:

The start of this period is likely to remain very cold across much of the UK, with bitterly cold easterly winds giving a significant wind chill. There will continue to be a risk of snow across southern, eastern and some central areas, but in the north and west it should be drier. Frosts will continue to be widespread and severe in places.

• Like 1