Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Cold one today - still only 3c.  Yesterdays snow hung about til about 9-10am.  Not bad at all!

Reckon forecast is still yet to be resolved and depending on location.  This winter so far some of the best and most fun snow falls have been the ones not very well forecast or folks had low expectations of.   :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Just as i was about to Through the towel in for Tuesday.  The Arpege  gives us a snow fest.  those pesky models.  Lol Backed up by the ICON

arpege-1-27-0.png

arpege-1-28-0.png

arpege-1-29-0.png

arpege-1-30-0.png

arpege-1-31-0.png

arpege-1-32-0.png

It's the hope that kills you lol. But still good to see other models backing the gfs now. Beep and Met still having none of it though. I think this will come down to the wire. Cheers for update. :snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

BBC and Met having none of it for snow. Hope they are wrong but more likely they will be right. Still gutted about last night. Had virtually nothing here yet others nearby got a decent covering by the sounds of it.

Posted
8 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

BBC and Met having none of it for snow. Hope they are wrong but more likely they will be right. Still gutted about last night. Had virtually nothing here yet others nearby got a decent covering by the sounds of it.

Yes they dont seem to be buying into it   However the awful App as now changed to snow during the evening.   i wish it didnt  useless

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Just watched the BEEB with Matt.

Tomorrow they have the signs of a 'circulation' developing on the front to the SW, which crosses over us in pm.

They suggest that the sleet  will turn to snow before dieing out later.

We can but hope, after all it is the BBC! 

Todays figures.

Min -2.4C, currently -0.6C, dp -3.4, with a lovely pale blue sky, and a few aeroplane trails..

I'll do the reverse physcho trick. No sign of any showers today!! 

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Still very much up in the air  im expecting  rain but you never know.   The Arpege is prob the best of the models for our patch at the moment    maybe due to the fact that is brings in a small low which travels just to the south of us bringing a renewed push of precipitation on the northern flank.  perhaps something to keep an eye on  Edit  sorry posted above

arpegeuk-2-30-0.png

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Latest beep update is not good and I think puts the final nail in the coffin for snow tomorrow. We might even struggle for sleet lol.

Screenshot_20180212-141922.thumb.png.73e856dd32fb0dfd20daf3db84d94d6b.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Anyone know what the DPs are for tomorrow? 

Posted
41 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Still very much up in the air  im expecting  rain but you never know.   The Arpege is prob the best of the models for our patch at the moment    maybe due to the fact that is brings in a small low which travels just to the south of us bringing a renewed push of precipitation on the northern flank.  perhaps something to keep an eye on  Edit  sorry posted above

arpegeuk-2-30-0.png

Gfs and arpege are the only models going for real snowfall potential!!when you look at the chart above you would auotomatically think that the event would be snow all the way especially with cold air ahead and behind the front!!oh and a southerly wind ahead!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Anyone know what the DPs are for tomorrow? 

From what ive seen  some say around 0 some say 1 above    then dropping as the front passes through.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

Arpege  still showing snow. for the midlands  I think its going to be close but no cigar   some may see some wintryness   but on the whole low ground will be sleet    

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Thanks @weirpig

Even that looking very marginal. 

Getting no hopes up, but just gonna check forecast in the morning and see what falls, if it snows then we will get another nice surprise :).

Posted

Right as we stand  just for fun  The icon has taken a step back   The GFS shows the same it has been for a few runs   the Arpege  is showing similar  but perhaps altitude is required  and  the Arome if anything is an upgrade on its 6z run      all very marginaL 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Right as we stand  just for fun  The icon has taken a step back   The GFS shows the same it has been for a few runs   the Arpege  is showing similar  but perhaps altitude is required  and  the Arome if anything is an upgrade on its 6z run    

We still in the  game !!gfs extremely bullish for snow for the whole of the midlands again!!what i dont understand is the bbc forecasts were really interested in this snow event about 3 days ago and gfs looks exactly the same it did  back then!!so i dunno whats changed to be honest!!gfs can be somewhat less generous when it comes to a situation like tomorrow so its gona be a knife edge situation!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

midlands today going for  sno tomorrow according  The lunch time forecast two hours ago  and sleet.

Posted
Just now, Staffordshire said:

I would ignore the gfs regarding tomorrow, expecting a sleety wet mess, but wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

Yes and me. However surprises do happen with marginal events  massive flakes aswell so coverings will happen quickly