Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

Driving down the M6 there was lots of snow falling and blowing but not settling much.

Nothing here. 

Up date after closer inspection I can see small flakes ❄️🤪

Edited by Fozfoster

Just drove through bloxwich and it's very localised as there's even more snow here !!

quite shocked to have to brush snow off car this morning as I wasn't expecting anything until midday

not freezing though definaty above zero

Snowing here now, settling too. What's it like up Derby way? Will be heading that way to work shortly :)

26 minutes ago, nobble said:

Just drove through bloxwich and it's very localised as there's even more snow here !!

Yep, came down pretty good for a time earlier around Bloxwich/Leamore area, some flakes were huge too.

Light snow leicester!!temp -1!!band looks okay intensity wise to the north west!

The front still looking pretty decent, I have a sneaky suspicion some of us could do pretty good today, we will see :) 

Not a sausage in Stoke. All the flurries last night missed here. Meanwhile, the front is moving more slowly and looks to arrive later than had been expected. Automated forecasts have downgraded the snow for here at the last minute, as usual. From 6 hours of snow to 1 hour.

Edited by MattStoke

As I travelled west there was very little through Telford , just a light sprinkling on ground around shawbury 

A light covering here with flakes blowing around

13 minutes ago, nobble said:

As I travelled west there was very little through Telford , just a light sprinkling on ground around shawbury 

A good dusting in Tf3 here in Telford itself - all the cars have gone completely white and it looks like I'll be busy for a good wee while with the scraper getting us safe to drive...  
Nothing falling, sky is bluey-pink with fluffy peachy clouds. Very pretty but not as pretty as lowering copper-grey heavy snow-filled clouds would be! :)

Around 2cm here with temp below freezing, A very cold night to come tonight especially over the snowfields.

9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

covering of snow here! band still way off here yet though, probably fizzle out

Done better than me. Seen one flake.

10 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Done better than me. Seen one flake.

Same here zilch at the moment  radar has me under precipitation but alas nothing 

Selfishly hoping the front arrives here (if it makes it in one piece) before it gets dark later on, as I much prefer watching snow fall during the daytime rather than at night!

Got a thin sugar coating here that I was pleasantly surprised by when I drew open the curtains. Hope we get some more though.

2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Nothing here, and the band of ppn as expected, very weak and dying off.

it is weak, seems to be coming in from NNE, flurries probably NE of here

a handful of small flakes drifting slowly to the ground in Evesham - should get a slight dusting if this keeps up all year :D