The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

Snowing moderately here for about an hr.Just starting to cover the cm i managed to accumulate so far,lol.

Looks pretty decent for all the region this evening before it moves off north and starts to fade.

• Like 1

Really heavy !!!!! radar only shows light blue but its sheeting down and settling everywhere!!!!!!!! Best we've had all week! and temp has fallen to -1.6 now

Edited by VeryCold
  • Like 1
Just now, V for Very Cold said:

No sign of snow here....how’s Telford doing?

Coming down nicely in Telford and settling. The radar is looking very good. I’d say better than anything we had yesterday 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

False start here in Melton Mowbray. Was a few fine flakes, but stopped immediately.

BBC and Met Office app had "Heavy Snow" all day and we've barely seen a flake yet!

That's how it started here for the first hour then it just lashed it down.

2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Proper old school snow  like being back on the 80s. Only one thing for it.  Pub 

Literally leaving the house for the booza haha

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

wind is howling, cannot see much settling, even if I get any, just a few flakes now, roofs no snow on them, paths too, certain parts have 10cms+ on

Are Bless.....hang on you must of had a major thaw!!! You posted very good snow cover yesterday ?

Its coming everyones way by the look of the radar and its epic....have to work (at home) till 5.30 then its family pub walk and dinner...whoo hoo  18th December 2010 esque

Edited by VeryCold
  • Like 2