Snow?

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

Snow shield on full power!

5a995aeb823c5_SnowSheild.thumb.PNG.cfa891309830ac686be7f63a3c1588de.PNG

I wouldn't worry too much. The band is moving Northwards pretty quickly at the moment. Should reach Telford with no problem.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Have a bad feeling we won't get much from this, seems to die out as it reaches here 

Just started snowing quite a bit harder in Bewdley. That band of heavier stuff seems to be coming up the Severn, so good luck! :)

Edit: also, the temperature is dropping away. Down to -1.0 °C here now.

Edited by Arctic Hare
1 minute ago, Anthony147 said:

Met office about 11 

Met office now

?should have stuck to your guns guys it’s heavy snow started pretty much at 2

CEC4AD96-6D71-4EC4-91C2-77CD4A06C31B.png

F392C479-FBD0-466C-A999-B8693F22CE94.png

You live in 'Hollywood'! That's great :laugh:

18 minutes ago, MKN said:

Hmmm been under the precip for quite a while now. Still yet to see any snow fall though. Does not bode well.

Are you not seeing the tiny amount (Hinckley area)? Really light right now and more or less the odd bit floating around.  

oooh... picking up a bit now. The odd larger flake. It's taking a while but maybe something on way?

Edited by Barometer Cat
  • Like 1

This is the heaviest snow i have seen in Worcester for a very long time, all the footprints in the garden are almost gone already and only been snowing for about 1 hour.

• Like 1

Agreed it's similar just up the road from Worcester in Droitwich as we are under the heavier pulses on the radar and it's coming down really well! The flakes  are bigger and slightly wetter presumably due to the temps not being as low as yesterday so they are sticking to everything