Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Just as a reminder, the apps are not manned by humans, they just give and indication based on the models, which if you’ve looked you’ll know have great difficulty in predicting snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Noticed a few bigger flakes thrown in now

• Like 1

Posted

What I hate is the whole , lets see if you can get into work syndrome.   , even tho you may get stuck and then not get back home for hours.  We can all work from home as we have laptops and they can divert the calls as well.  Its flipping 21st Century technology ...  just take the stress out of people.  Of course the bosses who will be having a go at people for not making it in will be......  sat by their fire. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow here has gone light but it is still coming down and been blown about everywhere I wonder if it’s going to get heavy again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, mr benn said:

What I hate is the whole , lets see if you can get into work syndrome.   , even tho you may get stuck and then not get back home for hours.  We can all work from home as we have laptops and they can divert the calls as well.  Its flipping 21st Century technology ...  just take the stress out of people.  Of course the bosses who will be having a go at people for not making it in will be......  sat by their fire. 

But not all work with laptops and phones, some are get stuck in type like myself

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

If you live north of brum. I wouldn't look at the gfs. However I'm sure it won't be like that 

That thing changes from one run to the next.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

If you live north of brum. I wouldn't look at the gfs. However I'm sure it won't be like that 

fax okay

fax36s.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm directly under dark blue on the radar now, and to be honest I can't see any difference from when it was two shades lighter. Wind is stronger so more snow is blowing about, but the amount actually falling seems just the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

All the heavy stuff now moving north west I think?

Posted

Definitely getting heavier here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Hirlam a downgrade for tomorrow unfortunately, precipitation does similar to what it does today (but heads east instead of west), readily dies as it heads NE. Seems to die out after coventry sort of area. 

On the plus side, it shows the ppn going a bit more east and north in the next 2 or 3 hours, only slightly mind.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bbc giving me light snow 1pm to midnight, tomorrow

Beware, that will change, usually for the worse, if it's snow you're after.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Bigger flakes here now, lots of blowing, 7cm average depth but some drifts are a good 15cm

Here in Ironbridge Gorge fine like dandruff and we've been getting progressively warmer all day. Now -2.4

Posted
20 minutes ago, mr benn said:

And you can order your milk and bread online too - so really no-one needs to go to work ......  :whistling:

Posted
7 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Hirlam a downgrade for tomorrow unfortunately, precipitation does similar to what it does today (but heads east instead of west), readily dies as it heads NE. Seems to die out after coventry sort of area. 

On the plus side, it shows the ppn going a bit more east and north in the next 2 or 3 hours, only slightly mind.

Standard :nonono:

• Thanks 1

Posted

Is there a name for the phenomena we’ve all experienced today of 12-15 hours snow but no real settled depth? I imagine in Scandinavia, USA etc this is common but quite unusual in the UK?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Just took dog for a walk the snow is so pristine its amazing.. its like movie snow here is a photo of wife with the drift on our street. Sorry its blurred was trying do do it with gloves.

20180301_213203.jpg

• Like 1