Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

day off? was about to ask

Yes, just had a notification that we are closed.  To be fair the roads around the estate are pretty awful and the footpaths similarly.

This low pressure looks 100s of miles away from where it was meant to be 

Just now, kev238 said:

This low pressure looks 100s of miles away from where it was meant to be 

way further east I hope

Very poor cold spell here in terms of snow. Really missed out compared to much of the UK. It's really just about the cold, and the strong wind which is drifting what little snow there is.

3 minutes ago, nobble said:

Bloxwich really , just emigrated to pelsall ( wife's area ) posh now aye I 😂😂

haha, so we are literally 10 mins apart, I'm near enough in Leamore lol 

Matt you need to travel to the north of Hanley, plenty here. Head to Brown Edge for an even better snow fix.

Still snowing lightly in coventry maybe 3-4cms now but the wind is blowing the snow all over the place. Plus strange how the side roads are not as deep in snow as the main roads...

16 minutes ago, bearing said:

No idea but she's nailed the more easterly track of this one.  But then the Daily Express have also hit the jackpot this year...:D

Well Nathan Rao has got to be right one time, right?

Someone I know has just had to abandon their car and walk the rest of the way, between old hill and quarry bank 

And now the met office have took the heavy snow symbols off coventry for later on in less then a hour..the met office have been disgraceful in this cold spell

First time I've looked at the Met Off app and absolutely no snow forecast for North Stoke on Trent. Even the radar app I've got shows it waving two fingers up at us Stokies lol

8 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Yes it's extended to Telford now

I definitely live in a different Telford form the one you live in :) It literally hasn't stopped snowing the entire day here in TF3! Stopped now, admittedly, but a good few inches on the ground!

4 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

And now the met office have took the heavy snow symbols off coventry for later on in less then a hour..the met office have been disgraceful in this cold spell

Not being funny mate...but there's a lesson in itself and a note to everyone!

DO.NOT.USE.AUTOMATED.APPS.IN.COLD.AND.SNOWY.SPELLS. 

They swap and change based on a computer....no human actually edits these symbols. 

They are beyond useless, it's basically like playing a game of 'will the weather symbol change when I refresh or not'.

Edited by PolarWarsaw

Okay, I am starting to get annoyed now - all the heavy snow crosses the Cotswolds, gets to Broadway, and then changes into light powder ......    So far not seeing any more than we had through the day.  

2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Not being funny...but there's a lesson in itself. 

DO.NOT.USE.AUTOMATED.APPS.IN.COLD.AND.SNOWY.SPELLS. 

They swap and change based on a computer....no human actually edits these symbols. 

So just good old fashion look outside the window??

Oh and my brother works in Netherton but lives in stourbridge, he’s still waiting for a bus, told him to walk to me in Halesowen, has to be marginally less far to walk!

24 minutes ago, bearing said:

But then the Daily Express have also hit the jackpot this year...:D

Not sure we have had 100 days of snow just yet?  :p 

7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Very poor cold spell here in terms of snow. Really missed out compared to much of the UK. It's really just about the cold, and the strong wind which is drifting what little snow there is.

Surely it's a great cold spell?  Admittedly for you it hasn't been a good snowy spell but to suggest it's a very poor cold spell with the temperatures and wind chill we've had is crazy talk?

Just now, bearing said:

Surely it's a great cold spell?  Admittedly for you it hasn't been a good snowy spell but to suggest it's a very poor cold spell with the temperatures and wind chill we've had is crazy talk?

Nationally, its the best (worst) in many years

Unless you live on Skye (apparently) :D

1 minute ago, bearing said:

I said 'in terms of snow'.

Edited by MattStoke

1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I said 'in terms of snow'.

Ahh, yes you did, apologies!  I'm overly excited about having a day off tomorrow so missed that bit. :rofl:

somewer down south is getting buried. The intensity of the precip is at around 10cms an hour in prime spots!

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Not sure we have had 100 days of snow just yet?  :p 

Reminds me Essan...

I am up to18 with snow falling and 22 with snow laying now.

Still coming down heavily(fine flakes) outside,Temp levelled off at -3.7C.

Not quite got to 100 yet. But I never lose hope.

MIA

Really surprised how much has settled here (Burbage). Not deep bit drifting. Super. Wind is howling! Like a film.....

Might get some of that precip down south as well. Will keep an eye on that, could get quite grim