Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

Just looking at the latest radar looks as though some parts of the south west midlands worcester Gloucester  and Hereford could well get into the so called red warning later ,just watch this space and radar in the coming hours.....:cold:

Just now, weirpig said:

Euro 4 gives us 1cm of snow up to Saturday (west midlands)  although slightly better than Lpool that has 0cm    oh i do  feel sorry for them   :)

I thought Liverpool copped a lot of snow on Tuesday? Have they really got nothing there? Some parts of the northwest really do deserve better. At least we do get in on some events here in the West Mids.

The best thing to do is just look at the radar! 

Things look like they are closing in in Nottingham again 

3 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Met Office app showing snow for Walsall on Sunday and Monday. Not sure where that has come from

I don't know, but I've got no faith in any model at the moment. We've got to just hope for an unforecast  surprise like the Nottingham contingent had yesterday. It seems we always get our best stuff after the main event. I remember on the 18th December 2010 though it snowed all day the accumulation wasn't great (still a lot better than now mind) in comparison to other areas. Then we got a major dumping on the morning of the 22nd to compensate for it. It truly is a nowcast situation though so who really knows, though it is in our nature (as snow lovers) to feel a bit deflated at present. Still at least it's properly bitterly cold which is rare enough these days so at least we've got that. It's still better than mild muck and proves its still possible for proper cold to visit our lands.

1 minute ago, Gord said:

I thought Liverpool copped a lot of snow on Tuesday? Have they really got nothing there? Some parts of the northwest really do deserve better. At least we do get in on some events here in the West Mids.

I dont know Gord  its Acc from Today till Saturday.   either way it was cold around Gornal this morning when i dropped the lad off at school

Possibly starting to intensify again towards Brum/Coventry, snow pepped up a bit last 5 mins.

It says it all when i'm looking at a radar hoping a bit of light blue ppn (pink if on weather type) will come over my area.

Somehow it's gaining intensity after it gets past Leicester..this is torture.

4 minutes ago, kev238 said:

The best thing to do is just look at the radar! 

Things look like they are closing in in Nottingham again 

I looked... and Telford is a halo of snowlessness!

grrr lol

I think the wind direction is clearly in the perfect direction for Notts to pick up moisture from the wash area.

Something that can be classed as light snow falling now. Temp holding at -2.6C

1 minute ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

I may go for a drive! Find it.  Where is best folks? Don’t want to get stuck though heheh

I would go to the Brecon Beacons if I were you, you'd have to be VERY careful overnight though, maybe try and get an Air BnB or hotel there if it is feasible.

No offence to any specific posters but Nottingham hadn't done all that well the rest of the winter but I didn't clutter up the thread with posts claiming how rubbish the December cold spell was ! 

We have had snow all morning. It is light but it does accumulate.

Some heavier bursts headed our way from the frontal band now, according to the radar. What a weird day it's becoming.

2 minutes ago, kev238 said:

No offence to any specific posters but Nottingham hadn't done all that well the rest of the winter but I didn't clutter up the thread with posts claiming how rubbish the December cold spell was ! 

Yes your right  most of the Region has done quite well.   my Turn was December this is your Turn.    I Think its just frustration setting in.  Enjoy your snow 

Snow falling heavily again in Nottingham, from chucking a mardy this time yesterday to now having had almost continuous snow for over 12 hours, this has turned into some event for us, best snow in 5 years, no consolation for some I know but Nottingham missed out in December having been in the sweet spot right up until the event happened, so this really is welcome.

As previously mentioned this was not forecast this time yesterday which I hope gives some hope to those still without snow. Things can change that fast

Edited by Ryan05

Storm Emma incoming looks nasty for the south west. Some heavy stuff on the way.  Pity its not coming further east looks like it will be epic.

Ppn just seems to die over Leicester then intensify as it goes past Leicester. 

Officially confirmed that Leicester is the worst place in the mids for snow

Hey, we're not alone! Just seen a tweet showing a satellite image of Kent. The very south east coast around Dover has missed out completely. For me, that would be more gut wrenching.

Edited by Gord

Snowing quite steadily here again now, even though the main band of ppn seems to be fragmenting somewhat as it moves in. At least everything is white outside now!

Currently -3.7°C with a dp of -7.7°C

Bish

1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

Ppn just seems to die over Leicester then intensify as it goes past Leicester. 

Officially confirmed that Leicester is the worst place in the mids for snow

Lol noticed this too, almost seems impossible and yet it's happening right before our eyes. Dies 5 miles south of leicester, then 5 miles north of Leicester picks right back up again. So odd.