The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

Looks like the band that looked like it was pushing up to Birmingham is dying a death. Snow much lighter now, still got grass showing outside!

Yeah this isn't going to amount to anything now. Fronts being dried out. The wait continues .

16 minutes ago, Chunky Flake said:

Are we in the sweet spot in Cannock for a dumping 

In short, no. Expect some light flurries on and off through today and tomorrow. But little accumulation and no heavier stuff. 

Ironically, Cannock and Staffordshire etc - one of the worst places in the country for snow today or tomorrow.

Guest Delete Me

Considering the uesless BBC said no snow today, we've had snow for 3 hours now and the radar is promising for another few hours

2 minutes ago, V for Very Cold said:

not that dangerous! - have about 2" here lol

Sorry  dont think sarcasim  can be  portrayed very well over the computer :)

They really can't call themselves forecasters can they, can see these warnings being taken down soon as nothing is happening now, as this precipitation is just dying out.

After waiting several hours for the more intense band of PPN and worrying initially it was all going to be too far west, it looks to be slipping past us to the east. The irony! hopefully it swings this way a bit.

Very strange. The band to the South has merged with the stuff over the NorthEast midlands. It's pushed the heavier stuff away North West. I don't have a clue what's going on :D

3 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

They really can't call themselves forecasters can they, can see these warnings being taken down soon as nothing is happening now, as this precipitation is just dying out.

It is frustrating I know  but all week they've been saying that not everywhere will see a lot of snow. Sadly, this time it's us. It happened to the Northwest in 2010.

We're not at the end yet, in December 2010 it took us all the way until the 18th before we saw anything significant here. We have had a decent winter though thanks to that weekend in December. We'll wait and see but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Euro 4 gives us 1cm of snow up to Saturday (west midlands)  although slightly better than Lpool that has 0cm    oh i do  feel sorry for them   :)