The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

Just now, WalsallWeather123 said:

Lol its fine. My comment was a bit out of order as well.  Just the disagreement in model shows it will be a nowcast radar watching event

Yeah weird, never seen such wild disagreement between models. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

Having retreated East, the area of snow over the East mids is moving West again. Picked up here in the last 10 minutes. Have to say I expected a bigger dry gap North of the frontal band now near Brum.

2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

How are you identifying this streamer ?

I can't see one, but then I am not particularly adept in the art of model/radar watching.

kmanmx..

Sorry you have to use the minus option on the +/- icons at the top of the map to view outwards.

It is really bursting into life now.

If you use the anim on/off feature it shows the movement over the last 2 hrs.

It enables you to really see the current trends in movement/intensity of the rainfall/snowfall.

MIA 

1 minute ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

kmanmx..

Sorry you have to use the minus option on the +/- icons at the top of the map to view outwards.

It enables you to really see the current trends in movement/intensity of the rainfall/snowfall.

MIA 

Got it. As the ppn hits the easterly winds to the north slightly, it's firing it right across our way. Looks good.

1 minute ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

kmanmx..

MIA 

I take it MIA  its not been feeding tractors with carrots weather just yet?.

oh my lordy haha.

just checked net weather radar, snow had pepped up a bit and the ppn that had been steadly coming in from east, now changed, merged with system coming up from down south

and there's  a push from the south now.

this could be this afternoons fun and games

11 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Having retreated East, the area of snow over the East mids is moving West again. Picked up here in the last 10 minutes. Have to say I expected a bigger dry gap North of the frontal band now near Brum.

i did, thought it might be a few hours of blue sky and sun, OH no looks like its merged, seems to moving west agin as it gained momentum from the south

:shok:

Arpege  not as good for the Midlands   got to favour  a few brisk showers in the West Of the region    nothing significant i would have thought.   anyway  as people have said a nowcast situation

1 minute ago, Chunky Flake said:

Are we in the sweet spot in Cannock for a dumping 

Absolutely not i'm afraid, in fact, along with anyone in a line across to Leicester, I am sure we have done worse than anyne else in the coutnry for thsi cold spell.