Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Derby has had no snow all year, really thought we would miss out again but these wash streamers are the gift that keeps giving. Another one inbound now ??

Posted
33 minutes ago, Lee Jones said:

Just measured window ledge 2 inches currently (city centre) still falling ,lightly though. All that is from tonight, obviously not huge amounts but looks great and very orange with light pollution. I think Lincoln/Grantham will have some really decent totals.

From pithers and snizzles we now have a proper streamer in Chilwell at long last! Maybe 2 hours more to come - first for yonks and a first ever for me at -6C! Reminds me of the first dumping on Boxing Night 1962 :) So far nearly 4" (don't get me ranting about centimetres) from zilch. Regardless of Friday/the weekend, this'll do me! Looks wonderful and quiet outside, as does my large Jameson's inside...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Speedway Slider said:

The Leicester snow shield is on full power still, I took this photo only 5 minutes ago... When I say we have no snow, I mean we really have no snow at all!!!! LE3 0BB 

IMG_20180228_231818.jpg

Looks like some nr that curb over there lol. Either way lets hope things pep up and continue heading towards leics over next few hours. 

Posted
1 hour ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Looks to me like Nottingham has gone from zero to hero, hit the absolute jackpot tonight. Constant streamer for the last couple of hours, with more orange echoes on radar currently. Probably got some of the highest totals in the midlands now. 

Dont know about that yet, 15 to 20 cm here, drifts on the tops roads 3 to 4 feet.

had the snow plough on the A619. clearing drifts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That bundle of shower activity to the east does "at the moment" appear to be thicknening up at little.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Speedway Slider said:

The Leicester snow shield is on full power still, I took this photo only 5 minutes ago... When I say we have no snow, I mean we really have no snow at all!!!! LE3 0BB 

OH man that is so sad, I,m feeling really guilty.

you need to find the man that installed that, and give a dam good talking too.:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Light Snow in Wellesbourne......that blob to the SE has finally made it...yay

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, marksp said:

OH man that is so sad, I,m feeling really guilty.

you need to find the man that installed that, and give a dam good talking too.:angry:

It may be broken soon looking at the radar. Based on that picture even a couple of cms would be a big improvement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

-7 with -12 Windchill and Snow falling wow never thought i would see that happen unbelievable have about 15cm+ where the wind hasn't got to it.

What's happend to this Storm Emma thought we were in line for a direct hit?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A total of 1cm here, with 2cm drifts! I still stand by what I said a few days ago, that I'm okay with missing out on decent snow depths here if people who didn't get it in December have more luck. As @Herefordweather says, though, don't look at the 18z Euro4 if you're of a sensitive disposition. It's bad news for pretty much the entire region, and would make tomorrow/Friday's snow almost entirely a SW England/S Wales affair.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

thats hilarious, still missing East Midlands ie. Leicestershire, makes it even worse!!

looking even closer, thats most of the UK except the middle!!!!!!!! :wallbash::nonono:

Edited by Nicky Shepherd

Posted
4 minutes ago, VeryCold said:

Light Snow in Wellesbourne......that blob to the SE has finally made it...yay

Still light snow here, but it is slowly increasing.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

thats hilarious, still missing East Midlands ie. Leicestershire, makes it even worse!!

looking even closer, thats most of the UK except the middle!!!!!!!! :wallbash::nonono:

Must be close looking at the radar especially if wellesbourne has snow. Radar doesnt show much that far west. If the whole band keeps or increases intensity may pick up a bit overnight.

Posted
Just now, Fender.. said:

Is the Euro 4 , a top model though.  Is it up with the gfs and ecm and the like?

Never seen snow like this here in notts its unreal :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.
Just now, MKN said:

Must be close looking at the radar especially if wellesbourne has snow. Radar doesnt show much that far west. If the whole band keeps or increases intensity may pick up a bit overnight.

Its stopped again now..think it must have been a popup shower, main bit is still to SE over Banbury