Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

-7.3 here in Worcester and not a cloud in the sky.

That precip out there does look heading SE more now, yes I am convinced:nonono: On track for Leicester maybe laters?

10 minutes ago, Eye to the sky said:

Needs to be 4 miles further north for me.So close!.😬

Yes, I could walk there if I wasn't too tired from being out today. Plus, the feels like temperature outside is now -13c!! 

The Met Office app has me for heavy snow from 11pm to 1am. I generally don't trust apps but it would take the tiniest of shifts north.

1 minute ago, Barometer Cat said:

That precip out there does look heading SE more now, yes I am convinced:nonono: On track for Leicester maybe laters?

SE or SW?

39 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

We need shift NE

About 1 mile into the gap is my house. 

We have been shafted beyond measure this week in general. A couple of nice showers, but any wind change, any trough, any bands of showers have just avoided about a 100 mile strip of the centre of the country virtually non stop. 

I pointed it out earlier, but stopping myself radar watching tomorrow is going to save a lot of frustration and anger I think, it's literally going to be one of those days where somewhere I could walk to within an hour, is going to be reporting CM's and we will have a few flakes floating around in the air for 12 hours. 

Id sooner it went 300 miles south than 3.

1 minute ago, PolarWarsaw said:

About 1 mile into the gap is my house. 

We have been shafted beyond measure this week in general. A couple of nice showers, but any wind change, any trough, any bands of showers have just avoided about a 100 mile strip of the centre of the country virtually non stop. 

I pointed it out earlier, but stopping myself radar watching tomorrow is going to save a lot of frustration and anger I think, it's literally going to be one of those days where somewhere I could walk to within an hour, is going to be reporting CM's and we will have a few flakes floating around in the air for 12 hours. 

Id sooner it went 300 miles south than 3.

bit like Dec 8th, Telford 25cms, here 1cm

Looking at this evenings Icon (i have no idea how to insert pic from phone!!) tomorrows event doesnt look great for our region. What is the reliability of this model? 

Keep the faith 

winds change 

showers pop up 

wich ever way you look at it , this is really cold for time of year !!!

personal review of Feb; cold , occasionally very cold , sporadic snow , windy .

BBC app for Wellesbourne says heavy snow early hours...can't see it myself unless things pop up out of nowhere...Met app has downgraded just about everything for tomorrow and Friday..booo

Edited by VeryCold

Showers are actually heading towards Leicester.. beggars belief ! though looking at the intensity I think there is more water in my bedside cup than in those clouds :wallbash: :D

Fortunately I find it legitimately funny these days, I actually have a bit of a chuckle to myself looking at the radar :) I am used to it now. Though I can't be too bitter, we did pretty decent in December, 5 to 10cm twice.

Met Office app states heavy snow all night for Nottingham - I assume linked to streams of showers !

i can see where it is getting the idea from on the radar!

Just now, cyclonic happiness said:

Okay am I wrong or that snow towards London heading this way a bit???

Pray it holds its intensity ><

Screenshot_2018-02-28-21-24-44.png

I was just thinking that...few bits and bobs making it to Northampton

Playing back the radar between 8 and 9 pm Nottingham took an absolute direct hit from that streamer. Mansfield  (the usual profiteers) got nothing out of it! Show's how localised it all is. 

I take it all back, we are absolutely getting battered, the smallest of streamers in a direct line with us and it's honking it down...... I admit we are very lucky the band is a direct easterly and no more than 10 miles wise so really fell in the lucky spot on this one occasion

Just now, Uttoxeter snow said:

I take it all back, we are absolutely getting battered, the smallest of streamers in a direct line with us and it's honking it down...... I admit we are very lucky the band is a direct easterly and no more than 10 miles wise so really fell in the lucky spot on this one occasion

Is it accumulating much ?

Seem to be downgrades on many sites for this part of the West Midlands......I’ll expect a blizzard then! :pardon:

8 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Does look like it’s heading our way but will probably take hours to get here that’s if it doesn’t die out

8 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Definite moving North, as earlier it was stuck at Reading in the south

These showers seem to be merging into one band potentially in a sort of NW direction from the Wash? I can't help think maybe the West Midlands will get in on more action as well as Stafford/Shropshire.