The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

Can’t help but think this front coming from the south has been modelled slightly to far west, I really wouldn’t be surprised come the morning to see it further east. Not sure about the northern extent though, we shall see

4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

around 2 inch max, -4.9C, mostly clear though, just cumulus fast moving, inland convection died

Dear me you are a negative chap ent ya lol, look at all the stuf towards the wash that’s heading this way!

Some extremely beefy snow showers up where i work in Penkridge, South Staffs. They closed the Day Centre i work at early. Old people and snow don't mix to well. Back home now, few showers throughout the day apparently. 

Edited by matt_in_dudley
3 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Okay EURO 4 not brilliant, lets wait for the ECM 12Z. ARPEGE and HIRLAM/GEM still good, think it will be a nowcast. Best to look at radar in the morning.

Unfortunately its some of the worst performing models that show much for the midlands. May be looking like a relatively poor week for us unless some  decent showers come along.

1 minute ago, mattyrayandkay said:

-5 here now which is exceptional  for this time of day. If it stays clear I wonder how low it can go with this breeze. 

where are you though? -5.3C here, Wash alive at least few more flurries?