Snow?

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone with a macro lens needs to go and photograph the amazing snowflakes falling right now. This is the best i can do

So, both hi res models over which whose territory this system is evolving - Hirlam and Arpege (both I would have a lot of respect for) - have very decent accumulations forecast by Friday morning from

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, shaky said:

It looks like a band of snow across the south east of england or is it just me!!heading straight for us aswell!

Yep is heading for us, but remains to be seen how much intensity they keep.

Euro 4  puts the front Thursday   Around the Brum Area  very similar to the met at the moment 

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 12 GMT        Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 12 GMT     Rain/Snowfall EURO4 We 28.02.2018 12 GMT

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Got to be kidding me....

Plus it's -3 outside and has been snowing for the past hour and none is settling.

6DEB645F-030A-4459-8398-9FD0F8DABF90.png

It's not melting though, it's just getting blown away.

11 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Got to be kidding me....

Plus it's -3 outside and has been snowing for the past hour and none is settling.

6DEB645F-030A-4459-8398-9FD0F8DABF90.png

Lol, I'm just 2 miles down the road from Alsager lol. Looks like it's doing the usual and going all around us lol

1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

Blizzard.

Ssssh, you're making me jealous. You and your high elevation and heavy showers!. Only the snow deprived are allowed to post ;):D

Edited by kmanmx

We've ended up being quite sheltered away from this easterly here this week. Some pretty looking dustings and that's it. What we need is a direct flow from the Wash like in February 2009. But the weather forecast has always been clear about regional variations and how some places will see very little. So there you go. It is what it is.

I reckon we've got a decent chance of something a bit more tomorrow into Friday. If it hadn't have been for that weekend in early December, this week would have been incredibly annoying. As it is, I've been enjoying following it so far and reading various reports from around the country.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1