Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Turned into freezing rain I think. Roads dreadful cars slipping and sliding all over South Brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

All roads and surfaces white out again in Coventry, more than an inch fallen already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still comimg down in northants though on radar the rain and sleet was coming but gets to us stays as snow pretty amazing 24 hours weather wise was moaning earlier in the week how pants it was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Light snow just started with big fluffy flakes again :)

Temperatures rose to the dizzy heights of 0c here today, making it the 6th consecutive ice day but also the mildest day for a few days. Lowest maximum's for the spell occurred on the 28th Feb and 1st Mar with a maximum of -3c on both days. Most snow occurred on 28th Feb but depths were not that big here - around 5-10cm in total. Much more over the nearby Peak District.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Actual big flaked somewhat wet English snow, I like it, accumulates so fast :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snowing steadily here now covering everything once again I wonder if this will continue a little longer and how much we might get from this belt of snow

Posted
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield

Chucking it down in Alrewas everything is white over again

Posted
25 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Still comimg down in northants though on radar the rain and sleet was coming but gets to us stays as snow pretty amazing 24 hours weather wise was moaning earlier in the week how pants it was.

Yes,  we're under that green area, but it's definitely falling as snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Day 5 of falling and accumulating snow. White over again. A CM or so added.

yes, here too, just about got me, here in SE Stafford, may have missed west Gnosall etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Slightly to my surprise, it's still snowing! Very very light now, and radar suggests it'll stop any minute, but never mind. 2 cm of new cover this evening, and the temperature dead-on freezing. Some much more impressive radar echoes out east, though -- Peterborough looks to be getting hammered.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
15 minutes ago, Rammie said:

Yes,  we're under that green area, but it's definitely falling as snow :)

I just noticed that and looked out and still snowing had 6 to 7 inches in my back garden flat up to 14 inches drifted. Drove as far as great oakley today and walked back roads between oakley and geddington drifts as high as the hedges. Don't think you would be able to drive on that road untill a tractor clears it 4 x 4 were turning round.If you have Facebook a few people have shared a video near loddington drifts as high as 6ft. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Getting a bit heavier. The non-stop wind is making it look like a mini blizzard again.

meanwhile 10 miles north there's no wind and no snow! Looks like fog outside currently

Posted
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Just been out for a walk round by the country footpaths near here by Clayhanger (I know it's late but I heard from a mate who had been down there earlier and I thought I just have to see, been as I've been at work all day today and will also be tomorrow. There's a narrow path there between two fields with a wire fence on one side and trees and hedges on the other and I tell you what I had to navigate the most impressive drifts I've yet witnessed in real life. A couple of them were nearly waste deep.  I also saw deer foraging in another field and they started trying to follow me, which kind of worried me a bit but they kept their distance. And its snowing heavy again now.The cold and snowy spell of late February/early March 2018 is definitely my new favourite yet, now. 

Haha, think I know where you mean, was over there this morning walking my dogs, was too deep for them so had to carry them! 

CFA4AD67-EE69-42C2-9D8E-6BB507438675.jpeg

6BF501D6-DEDF-4004-84DA-D9B91501634F.jpeg

• Like 2