Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 hour ago, Herefordweather said:

Incredible here it’s still snowing! At least 20cms with drifts three times as deep. Going to be an interesting day with further snow forecast!

So so jelous we had a few cms here in coventry and looking at the forecast today hereford could have another 10cms today while the rest of us can only hope of something more meaningful 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No more snow overnight here and it now looks to be done for up here in the far north of the Midlands unless my crazy weather app is correct which shows some snow tomorrow night - 7cm of it. Euro4 does show some snow flurries getting up this far tonight. Much more likely for areas further south and west though.

Still snow on the ground but it has drifted so much overnight that my path is now clear but it is up the side of the wall instead. 

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Mad day and night started early hours of Thursday and gradually got heavier, and still blowing flakes now. I have absolutely no idea how much snow we had because my drive has 1cm on with no Snow on my car, or roofs but drifts of 3ft all round the corners of my courtyard lol. I hope today's snow is wet to be honest because at least i can get a genuine idea of the fall!!! 

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, shaky said:

Cant see any band of snow in the south yet!!anyone got pics from from some of the models showing the band over us!!we still got snow cover here and no melt!!

The way this weeks gone id hazard a guess that we will be to far north today. Which means we will have been to far east, west and north so far. No doubt as milder air arrives there will be further snow and we will be to far south lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
5 minutes ago, MKN said:

The way this weeks gone id hazard a guess that we will be to far north today. Which means we will have been to far east, west and north so far. No doubt as milder air arrives there will be further snow and we will be to far south lol.

Bad thing about being right in the middle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
6 hours ago, Sparkiee storm said:

I am saying it in terms of the weather only, I didn't mean to cause any offense, I apologise if I did 

No need to apologise, it is only snow, and it is March, i'd love it to belt it down, but wishing just ain't going to work, unless anyone is a magician, wave your wand and see if that works. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Severe drifting continues here with severe gales. Lanes completely blocked to house no snowfall this morning.

Temp -5c

Wind chill -9c

20180302_065726.thumb.jpg.08cf938d2ec2e26008e0285ed4424832.jpg20180302_065251.thumb.jpg.daa324cb1d0dd363f5f3f1789bf7ed10.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Quite good model agreement now for a further 5-10cms later today, Hirlam and Arpege as well as gfs and EC stalling the front over us giving slightly deeper returns. I would once again favour Hirlam here. Snow on snow, such a rarity. Plus, wind speeds still enough to create blowing and drifting for the next 12 hours.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield
45 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

What a joke.

5DC076BE-F95D-4594-9A9C-C6BB845DE1C8.jpeg

LOL

Posted

Good morning

Every weather app seems to be giving different information. Anyone here like to forecast what we're in store for today here in the East Midlands today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
8 minutes ago, Corleone said:

LOL

The Midlands forecast has the snow reaching Stoke this evening, looked like a few hours of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Good morning

Every weather app seems to be giving different information. Anyone here like to forecast what we're in store for today here in the East Midlands today?

6 hours of light drandruff snizzle

Posted

Potentially looking good later. Hopefully we get some heavier stuff this afternoon, 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
12 minutes ago, Glacier Point said:

Quite good model agreement now for a further 5-10cms later today, Hirlam and Arpege as well as gfs and EC stalling the front over us giving slightly deeper returns. I would once again favour Hirlam here. Snow on snow, such a rarity. Plus, wind speeds still enough to create blowing and drifting for the next 12 hours.

The BBC said 20cm or more on hills later today. You think it's poss?

I personally hope the snow is wetter so it can actually stick cause it looks like a desert outside atm lol 3ft drifts but nothing on my drive, car or roofs!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

6 hours of light drandruff snizzle

Yes, think that's it for our locations, just a slow warm up now, just dry today. i'm expecting a thaw

Posted
20 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Good morning

Looking good mate!!potential for around 10cms max snowfall for us!!!arpege especially looks really goood!!

Posted

Met office and beeb have us down for light snow from 2pm right into midnight. Thats 10 hours of continous snowfall surely can get at least 5-10cms from.that??

Posted
12 minutes ago, shaky said:

Looking good mate!!potential for around 10cms max snowfall for us!!!arpege especially looks really goood!!

Got the day off today (thanks to kids school being closed). Nowhere to go, which is good.

Wonder if the Leicester/Bournemouth game will fall to the weather? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Got the day off today (thanks to kids school being closed). Nowhere to go, which is good.

Wonder if the Leicester/Bournemouth game will fall to the weather? 

What time kicks off 8pm?!!might be called off!!