Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
44 minutes ago, BhamBoy said:

It’s in Harborne near lordswood road if you went down any side streets you’d probably see similar!

Just walked to work in kings Norton from Bournville and those drifts are insane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
5 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

I love reading the forums BUT I get hope for a dump of snow as others have, I am left feeling very envious of others wins.  Leics has failed again.  we had snow, the grass is covered, but not the depths of others.

I went for a lovely walk last night, Glad I Did as the weather was superb, blowing snow in the icy wind,  drifts, fabulous!  Roads for a time were covered too.

we can hope for more today but I do think being so central is our downfall for many reasons.  We live in hope for any snow event because there is always a chance !!  

:yahoo:

Being almost perfectly central we have the benefit of getting affected by easterly and westerly systems whereas other areas don't, e.g. those far west will rarely see easterly showers, downside is we never get any real snow depth because we just get scraps from every system. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Sun is out, will soon see or hear the drip drip of the thaw. Temp up to -0.9C.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

I love reading the forums BUT I get hope for a dump of snow as others have, I am left feeling very envious of others wins.  Leics has failed again.  we had snow, the grass is covered, but not the depths of others.

I went for a lovely walk last night, Glad I Did as the weather was superb, blowing snow in the icy wind,  drifts, fabulous!  Roads for a time were covered too.

we can hope for more today but I do think being so central is our downfall for many reasons.  We live in hope for any snow event because there is always a chance !!  

:yahoo:

This sums up my situation. Not much fallen at all but some great drifts.

Posted

Current temp leicester -2 dew point -5!!freezing out there!!!looking forward to some snow by the evening fingera crossed!!day time temp around 0 tomorrow aswell so a slow thaw!!i take that over snow turning to rain anyday!!

• Like 1

Posted

I gave up earlier, 2 attempts to get up the hill out of the village. 1/1.5mts drifts off the open fields and small cars stuck in the drifts sealed my fate.

Working from home it is !!

Posted
6 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Is the Midlands still on for a pounding later? Any idea what sort of time the snow may start to effect us?

Not sure about 'pounding' maybe a bit later though if the front can push far enough North,.

Posted
7 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Is the Midlands still on for a pounding later? Any idea what sort of time the snow may start to effect us?

Arpege and Hirlam should let us know around 10am. Will post here with the output...

Just now, WinterWilf said:

Just can't see where this snow is going to come from yet.

Last nights model run (that latest we have atm) showed it just kind of accumlating out of nowhere. So from what I can tell, it's not something you can currently see on radar.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
6 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Yep ffont smd o stall by us. Gfs is a dream. Lasting for about 12 hours. Of course that would be the best case scenario  starts 4ish 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

Arpege and Hirlam should let us know around 10am. Will post here with the output...

Arpege 00s was good for the whole of the midlands especially leicester lol for once!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Still cold and feels much colder than the -0.5c measured here.  Cloud cover increasing a tad. Proper windy.

Band of showers on radar down SE, are they coming this way...if so great!  More are popping up though.  Expectation was something later this afternoon? Not had time to read forecasts or trawl mod thread so dont know what the general consensus is!  Talk of warm up and thaws....(rolls eyes) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
3 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Last nights model run (that latest we have atm) showed it just kind of accumlating out of nowhere. So from what I can tell, it's not something you can currently see on radar.

Ok that's fine then

Posted
1 minute ago, WinterWilf said:

Ok that's fine then

Yeah as @weirpig just said 06z GFS is already rolling out and has it over us for a while. It looks good, goes right from SW midlands up through to the very NE of midlands. GFS accumulations of 5 to 8cm by late Friday night. 2 or 3cm by rush hour, roads will be awful.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
10 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

2pm onwards 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Mean't to be heavy showers here then snow from 2pm onwards. Will keep any eye on radar.

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

Yeah as @weirpig just said 06z GFS is already rolling out and has it over us for a while. It looks good, goes right from SW midlands up through to the very NE of midlands. GFS accumulations of 5 to 8cm by late Friday night. 2 or 3cm by rush hour, roads will be awful.

Will Telford get any from this?

Posted
3 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

I cant frikkin wait!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Any pics buddy?