Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, BhamBoy said:

Everyone apologises to the trolls DIS being one of them...why?! 

Interesting 24 hours and I’ve learned a lot from it 

Still snowing here and in brum I expect. Very good tonight 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Still snowing here and in brum I expect. Very good tonight 

Still going, what a day, not the snow we are used to but interesting to see and a pleasure to learn about 

Some people are angry all the time it seems 

• Like 1

Posted

Hang on. Look at all those huge showers on South Coast heading this way! Could that be the heavy showers met are on about? If they keep intensity and the right direction some parts could get a good covering from those.

Posted

fantastic day, carn.t complain.

snow totals reached 20 to 25 cms, drifts on top moors 2ft to 6ft feet blocking roads.

walk home at midnight was truely arctic. howling winds 40 mph gusts, blowing snow, bloody freezing

not massive depths, but plenty to be pleased with, a real wintry blast, and that's on 01.03.18.

Yep all in all a great 15 days watching he drama of model outputs and arriving at zero hour tonight with a great winters blast.

a few more days to consider, should keep all of us on our toes, and who knows what end of March can bring.

Remember in the not to distant  past  we had 30 to 40 cms of snow on 23.03.13. :)

hope everyone's enjoyed last few days, and good luck to you lucky beggers in the SW you deserve some winter action at last.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

One last look outside before I turn in for the night. Still snowing, though not as hard as before. Depth averaging 4-5cm I suppose, though as before there are large variations, from zero to about 8cm. Wind is howling away. It's bitter out there. Now to see what Friday brings!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

still snow is falling here in Brum as I type this and still  breezy  really looks like we have more of it to come later on   The BBC app as me location down for heavy snow showers until 5 AM and then light snow after that and breezy 

Edited by syed2878

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Last night heavy snow at times has left deep drifts. Met and Beep agree round 2 will begin Midday with possibly 5 to 10cm widely. Schools closed already deep snow on roads. Not a bad winter lol. :cold:

Posted

Hirlam going for snow here and for much of the midlands from around 2pm today until about midday saturday continuously. Maybe with an upgrade or 2 this cold spell could have saved the best until last. Certainly for some of us that still have patchy snow cover at least.

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Models all see to show today's front stalling just south of here. That would really top it off :wallbash:

That is my concern having looked at the models closer gfs accumulation only shows 4 to 5cms tbh across most of the region. Arpege also not to great. Hirlam shows the precip sticking around longest and heaviest. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Models all see to show today's front stalling just south of here. That would really top it off :wallbash:

How far north is it showing ? 

We had very little yesterday and last night apart from the wind here in north Nottinghamshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, MKN said:

That is my concern having looked at the models closer gfs accumulation only shows 4 to 5cms tbh across most of the region. Arpege also not to great. Hirlam shows the precip sticking around longest and heaviest. 

Bank 5cm on top of last night's heavy snow. Look how intense the PPN is. Somewhere in the Mids is going to get smashed and because temps are higher should mean bigger flakes the only thing missing so far. Reports of Rain and freezing rain in South means it's going to be more North than expected. Some serious gales here also.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

What a joke.

5DC076BE-F95D-4594-9A9C-C6BB845DE1C8.jpeg

I have the same, so frustrating

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

What a joke.

5DC076BE-F95D-4594-9A9C-C6BB845DE1C8.jpeg

Similar here also

Posted

Cant see any band of snow in the south yet!!anyone got pics from from some of the models showing the band over us!!we still got snow cover here and no melt!!