Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

And it is still snowing here with the small flakes! A great event...

All Birmingham schools closed tomorrow and chaos on the roads here! 

Cannot really tell the depth as a lot of it is in drifts.

And the Euro 4. Which as always been showing the lowest totals is going for 10cm plus for west mids Friday 

Posted
12 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Those in Walsall, is it still snowing?

Well here just to the north of Walsall there's only a few tiny flakes coming down now unfortunatly and judging by reports in evening I think that might be it now, unless something totally unexpected happens.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Just comparing the high res models like Hirlam and Arpege and the 18z updates are both a good 100 miles further East and Southeast respectively than their 06z run.

5a988acb13e4f_18zvs06z.thumb.gif.2920c2571e5db81945e03408dfdb2e3e.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy hot summer. extremes of weather

A quick pic from my sister in law in Barry near Cardiff. Only started properly at 5pm!

IMG-20180301-WA0058.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

Lime lane blocked by snow drift 

same as march 2013 !!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Not snowed in any meaningful way for several hours now and the radar is gradually moving things away West. Apart from the cold remaining for a couple more days, that looks like it now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That's it now, still can't work out where these daft apps seem to think there will be heavy snow showers overnight and tomorrow morning, plus some posters are expecting another event tomorrow. I'm no expert but just prepare to be disappointed, i hope i'm wrong but i can't see it happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Why isn't no one talking about tomorrows snow and saying this is the last snow we have??

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Why isn't no one talking about tomorrows snow and saying this is the last snow we have??

Cos they are all miserable!

Posted
Just now, BhamBoy said:

Cos they are all miserable!

hahaha I know are :rofl:.

But there is potentially 2 more spells of snow possible from tomorrow to Sunday, and the cold isn't going anywhere, obviously the beast will be gone, but its certainly gonna stay cold, so everyone be happy :), at least we are seeing a cold snowy easterly now and not just a dull and cold one.

This is aimed at the ones who are feeling down, but it could have gone much much worse than what we have now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I'm quite happy with what we've had here. Not loads but enough to create some great snow drifts; seeing the wind whip up the snow like it has is something i have not seen in years. And the temperatures of course have been magnificent! Can't have everything, not in this country! Remember the last few years where we would have killed for what we have right now? 

• Like 4

Posted

I'm a little shocked to come on here and read all the disappintment. What's been wrong with today? It's been a great event.

Mind you, I've had a horrific evening at work on the trams and the drive home just now was very difficult...but seriously, what's been disappointing about today?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

I'm a little shocked to come on here and read all the disappintment. What's been wrong with today? It's been a great event.

Mind you, I've had a horrific evening at work on the trams and the drive home just now was very difficult...but seriously, what's been disappointing about today?

I know it's bizarre there is a lot of snow here  Friday there will be some more. And it's still snowing. Great day 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing to do with being "down", just realistic. Trust me i have something greater going on in my life to get me down other than snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And there it is! My second successive calendar ice day. Max yesterday was -0.5 °C, but the highest the thermometer got today was a bone-chilling -2.7 °C. In March. Truly, even without deep snow, one of the most extraordinary weather days I can remember. The Beast really has delivered. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Nothing to do with being "down", just realistic. Trust me i have something greater going on in my life to get me down other than snowfall.

I am saying it in terms of the weather only, I didn't mean to cause any offense, I apologise if I did 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

I am saying it in terms of the weather only, I didn't mean to cause any offense, I apologise if I did 

Friday looking good so far Liam Duttonthinks a line from Anglesey to London  will see snow . Fingers crossed . Also all most models show us getting hit 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted

Everyone apologises to the trolls DIS being one of them...why?! 

Interesting 24 hours and I’ve learned a lot from it 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mellenchip said:

A quick pic from my sister in law in Barry near Cardiff. Only started properly at 5pm!

IMG-20180301-WA0058.jpg

I'm in North Cardiff, we've got 4 ft drifts and a foot of level snow and it's still a whiteout.