Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, Natalie Till said:

Please don’t let there be freezing rain here, that really is the pits! Try scraping that I need to control my language of your windscreen, no chance!

He he, I even tried to make it say something other than I was, and it still auto corrected! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Just had to visit family in Kingstanding took almost 2 hours when normally it's a 20 minute drive. Snow really starting to accumulate now on all roads and the drifting is sensational. Felt like I was in an episode of Ice Road truckers lol. Amber warning for snow and upgrades for Saturday also. How it can change so quick.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Looking at the Radar. It does look as if it has reached its northerly extent.

But it seems now to be back building across the Cherbourg Peninsula and up towards Calais.

It is now almost   East to West along the Channel.

This would be ideal for releasing a low pressure eastwards if it want to start to disrupt.

Well one can hope!

MIA

Posted

Met office and beeb have coventry and surronding areas down for heavy snowfall from 11pm till around 3am overnight...could get a good old covering to that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
20 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

looks like it's hit a brick wall with its northwards progress. :-(

I keep on thinking that myself everytime I look at the snow'dar....please let you be spectator wrong :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Can't really see where any heavier snowfall is going to come from, as soon as it starts to get going it just slows right down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I keep on thinking that myself everytime I look at the snow'dar....please let you be spectator wrong :whistling:

Warwick snow shield at maximum power.....singlehandedly blocking the progress north..lol

• Like 1

Posted

Getting heavier now with more moderate size flakes appearing ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, MKN said:

lol no. rain falling on frozen surfaces which freezes on impact

I remember it once not sure if it was around 2005 it was like a sheet of ice it was lethal 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

when ever i put the animation on the netweather rader it looks like tetris in reverse, a jog to the west then north north then west, west, then north to the point where i now think im seeing what i wanna see not what is happening, still loads of activity though alot of heavy stuff going on thru Somerset/Wiltshire and Herefordshire some places gonna have best/worst snow in years. im just happy we at least involved 

Edited by Diamond Joe
  • Like 4

Posted

Flakes are much more moderate sized and snow cover is full, though some top shoots of grass are still poking above, but there's plenty of mini drifts and its only roofs which are mostly bare but I imagine that's the story everywhere as the wind whips it off them. What an epic event though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
33 minutes ago, MKN said:

lol no. rain falling on frozen surfaces which freezes on impact

Hmm, well some were talking about it as ice crystals falling - I don’t know exactly what was going on, I just flicked around in there to try to get some idea of when we might get the snow they were (had been) having...

• Like 1

Posted

Doesn’t seem to be making much progress further north and east now unfortunately :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We had no warnings not much on the app which I know are useless but snowed most of the day light but got decent covering. been upgraded to amber warning and heavy snow and had nothing since lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Look at the development of that area to the nnw of London, it is still moving north, but like everyone else say is saying, extremely slowly.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I think it’s started to edge westward now unfortunately, still decent though, hard to tell how much we have had cuz of that wind blowing it all about

Posted

Wind has picked up again,will be interesting by the morning,can`t see a darn thing now,foolish going out this time of time.

Posted
5 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I think it’s started to edge westward now unfortunately, still decent though, hard to tell how much we have had cuz of that wind blowing it all about

Strange call as the radar intensifies to the east lol