BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
32 minutes ago, nobble said:

its getting even windier!!!!

if it wasn't for this wind, would have had 15cms i reckon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Just the tops of the grass left now, I'm 90% sure that will be covered tonight at least, if not then tomorrow especially with the West Midlands now looking likely to be hit harder than first thought :).

I haven't checked any model since yesterday and kept radar watching and it was much better and seems to be working in our favour, I had a sneaky suspicion just like a 'couple' of others that we would be more in the game than apps, forecasts and some models suggested. 

Think BBC has updated their forecast and showing most of us in the Midlands staying in the snow till at least 11pm - midnight tonight before it moves away westwards. 

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

FWIW, two things of note. There is a bit of heavy precipitation coming out of France that is really quite far east.

9sjQz37.png

And two, while it is very much a nowcast situation, it's worth noting the 12z HIRLAM does push the heavier snow 30 to 50 miles east. Most of west midlands covered nicely, East Midlands are still right on the edge, might get the odd light shower as it breaks away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
8 minutes ago, shaky said:

No word of a lie its been a mini blizzard since 3 in south east leicester and settling!pure powdery snow!

it's been an odd day in northampton too.  they didnt really forecast us to have much but it has been near constant snow since 10pm last night.  okay it has been mostly light and there was a lull an hour or tow ago but now it has picked up again and snowing moderately albeit finely.  what with the blowing snow and the falling snow i think the forecasts havent really nailed it for this region.  i hope their also wrong about the next systems and they end up tracking further east than the forecasts have mentioned so far.  we shall see.

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

FWIW, two things of note. There is a bit of heavy precipitation coming out of France that is really quite far east.

9sjQz37.png

And two, while it is very much a nowcast situation, it's worth noting the 12z HIRLAM does push the heavier snow 30 to 50 miles east. Most of west midlands covered nicely, East Midlands are still right on the edge, might get the odd light shower as it breaks away.

That has moved a lot.mate!!i really wouldnt be surprised if leicester gets it later aswell at this rate!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Are you in bham??

Yh about 15 minutes from it. PPN is way further East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Natalie Till said:

Can’t upload a pic but snow accumulating on the Hagley road out of town towards quinton

Yh Wolverhampton Road snow is drifting on it also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, shaky said:

Drifts of 10cms on the curbs here!!!

and here shaky, snowing well here, but small flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I can see a hole developing again over Staffordshire. Story of the day it seems with this frontal band. Not convinced the heavy precip will arrive here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, RobR said:

I can see a hole developing again over Staffordshire. Story of the day it seems with this frontal band. Not convinced the heavy precip will arrive here.

That gap seems to be getting smaller though, just been in the gap, but now more moderate snow pushing back in 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Cut off now here from drifting gusts touching 70mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The wind is picking up all the time, to see the snow swirling around is quite something.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

moderate snow here it is bitterly cold and snow is now covering everything the wind chill must be horrendous and it’s blowing the snow everywhere 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Roads here aren't good at all. I just collected my daughter from school and most of the main roads even have snow on.