Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Unless the trajectory changes quite significantly or it simply runs out of steam it would seem that even Coventry might get an inch or so out of this. Realistically the experienced forum commentators have been calling this very much a 'nowcast' situation from day one. I'm starting to think they're right. I always put my faith into the Met Office on these things but they've been incredibly poor over the last 24 hours. It took them 4 hours to acknowledge any light showers in Coventry this morning despite non-stop light snow from 7am!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Corleone said:

3 inches In Alrewas just south of Burton, another shower just started

3 inches! That is crazy considering Lichfield has about 2cm, just goes to show its really just luck of the draw!

Posted
1 minute ago, nobble said:

Not much really but last 20 mins all surfaces covered by this heavy fine  snow shame it won't be really deep tomorow as I'll be off and could enjoy it ?

Don't say that, we might be getting more in the game after all.

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

3 inches! That is crazy considering Lichfield has about 2cm, just goes to show its really just luck of the draw!

We have 8cm here.

I tend to agree it does look hopeful that we may see some of this from the south but let's just use a little bit of caution. The next hour will tell us everything. The more north and east it gets/builds the better 

Posted

I cannot believe what I am seeing outside right now! One of our neighbours has decided to have one of his tallest trees - a massive Silver Birch - taken down. So right now I am currently watching some muppet of a tree surgeon dangling about 30ft off the ground waving a chainsaw about, in borderline blizzard conditions.

Absolute insanity!!!!! :fool:

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
2 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

The models, BBC, MetO have got the track of the weather system approchinh horribly wrong. It's much further east. 100% sure West Midlands will be in the firing line now

Hope so we want more don't we :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

That band of ppn over Hampshire and Wiltshire is definitely consolidating and intensifying. Most of it looks destined for areas west of Worcester, but there is a definite eastern extent which should hit west Warwickshire and east Worcestershire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

12z gfs just rolling out and has the snow further north and east over most of the Midlands than 6z. Snow starting to accumulate now in Birmingham 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I cannot believe what I am seeing outside right now! One of our neighbours has decided to have one of his tallest trees - a massive Silver Birch - taken down. So right now I am currently watching some muppet of a tree surgeon dangling about 30ft off the ground waving a chainsaw about, in borderline blizzard conditions.

Bish

I would pay to see that lol

Posted
Just now, leehws said:

12z gfs just rolling out and has the snow further north and east over most of the Midlands than 6z. Snow starting to accumulate now in Birmingham 

Yup the 12z is an improvement. the 06z wanted to quickly move the precip nw from 3pm wereas the 12z keeps its eastern edge intact until 9pm

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Bish

If the woods going spare I'll take it ??

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Bish

do a quick video on your phone? :-p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That hole in the precip has opened up over me again.

2 minutes ago, Glacier Point said:

That band of ppn over Hampshire and Wiltshire is definitely consolidating and intensifying. Most of it looks destined for areas west of Worcester, but there is a definite eastern extent which should hit west Warwickshire and east Worcestershire.

I disagree. WIll be further east

Posted

Just been onto Matlock moor, its unreal up there, blizzard conditions, never mind the blizzards in South West.

some drifts over 10 feet, white conditions, then came across 3 young lads on quad bikes (wtf).

-7 temps with wind at what  25 to 35 mph gust. Try upload vids later.

you can just see one of them running after bikes then he disappears :shok:

IMG_20180301_141908832.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
32 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Looking at the radar, I reckon that large band of heavy snow currently moving up over the south coast is going to wallop most of the Midlands later this evening. It's already too big and too far east for it not to.

Bish 

I hope so. We’ve just closed our karate school for the evening (so that’s about 95 students disappointed). We’re going to look like right numpties if it all dies out.... ???

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

taken 7.30 ish this morning, snowed all day, some cover lost as the wind is howling, some parts have 6+ cms on

IMGP0230.JPG

IMGP0229.JPG

IMGP0228.JPG

IMGP0227.JPG

IMGP0226.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The wind is crazy back here in Stoke. Some parts of the ground are bare virtually and then there are drifts forming. Never seen anything like it!

• Like 1