Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
22 minutes ago, MKN said:

Yes keep an eye on precip developing around london for chances in our area as its expected to slide north westwards as the low pushes up so some developments to our south east would be welcome. Like you said we dont need a blizzard just continual snowfall of 0.5/1cm per hour would be good over a long period of time. Currently on about 0.1/0.2cms per hour!

To be honest, I stepped outside and put s foot in the snow, to leave the concrete showing. Even with an hours snizzle the concrete is almost gone, which just goes to show. You really only need a few hours of 'heavy - light' snow to make things white over again by morning. 

Thats why include so interested in seeing how Far East we can build things. It won't take much to squeeze an extra cover to things out.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Screenshot_2018-03-01-14-18-13.png

ties in with gfs tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Looking at the radar, it's getting as far east as London?? Maybe we'll be in with a chance after all?

Hope it maintains that intensity though...fingers crossed ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

To be honest, I stepped outside and put s foot in the snow, to leave the concrete showing. Even with an hours snizzle the concrete is almost gone, which just goes to show. You really only need a few hours of 'heavy - light' snow to make things white over again by morning. 

Thats why include so interested in seeing how Far East we can build things. It won't take much to squeeze an extra cover to things out.

Yes, just as well it's proper cold, as I have known light snow actually wet the ground, even thaw existing snow at around or just above 0

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Metoffice have now updated there forecast for coventry and....no snow not even light snow for tonight ?

Ignore it, had more snow today than yesterday, and has been snowing all day here in Eastern Green. Lightly yes, but it deserves at least a cloud and 1 snowflake graphic..

The metoffice app has shown NO snow for the whole day... :D The app has no idea :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looks as though the precip to the south of us is moving further east, different from what computer models are showing, watch the warnings change thru the day, Let the fun and games begin...!!!:yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Keep watching that intense snow fall moving up the country on the radar i might be wrong but itnlooks to me that it's not heading off west as much as forecasted. Could it yet meander its way to Birmingham?

Posted
1 minute ago, Brrrrr! said:

Ignore it, had more snow today than yesterday, and has been snowing all day here in Eastern Green. Lightly yes, but it deserves at least a cloud and 1 snowflake graphic..

The metoffice app has shown NO snow for the whole day... :D The app has no idea :D

Im in earlsdon been snowing lighlty struggling to settle just cant see that front gettin east enough to us

Posted
Just now, Cov87 said:

Im in earlsdon been snowing lighlty struggling to settle just cant see that front gettin east enough to us

Just down the road :) My side street has just been re-gritted by the big gritter but the road is still white-ish ;)

Got my fingers crossed for later :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
3 minutes ago, gig1968 said:

Keep watching that intense snow fall moving up the country on the radar i might be wrong but itnlooks to me that it's not heading off west as much as forecasted. Could it yet meander its way to Birmingham?

And Leicester ?

Posted
1 minute ago, Brrrrr! said:

Just down the road :) My side street has just been re-gritted by the big gritter but the road is still white-ish ;)

Got my fingers crossed for later :D

I would be happy for even 5cms just want a covering

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

It's pepping up quite nicely as it goes past us to the north. :rofl:

Posted
Just now, kmanmx said:

It's pepping up quite nicely as it goes past us to the north. :rofl:

Not alot happening further south east either, Looks like another day we may miss out. 

Posted

The way that front is moving eastwards is much different to the projected path which was to dive towards the south west and Wales. I wouldn't rule out anywhere across as far st as Leicester catching some. Some forecasters must have worries now it's always had a difficult path to forecast but now we'll let's wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That blasted space over wolverhampton has intrduced itself again.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Brrrrr! said:

We don't get gritters for side streets.

• Like 1

Posted

It's funny to think with today been the 1st March, that I'm usually about now seeing the frogs starting to gather in my pond to commence their breeding season. But today it's the coldest day in probably over 7 years and the ponds covered in a thick layer of ice and a blanket of snow. Even in 2013 they started before the cold put a halt to their proceedings. They're going to have to wait longer to even get started this year.

Posted

Am I right in thinking the band on the south coast is much further east and still moving north and building east as we speak, this wasn't what was forecast was it?

Posted

I think that is correct uttoxeter. It was never meant to get that far east as it is now. Other forums on other sites are picking this up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Right now I don't think any model has handled this systems' northward track and speed well at all. GFS now probably best representation, but even that looks slow.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Uttoxeter snow said:

Am I right in thinking the band on the south coast is much further east and still moving north and building east as we speak, this wasn't what was forecast was it?

yes  I think it is more East  than predicted  Brugge on high alert?.:D