Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
3 minutes ago, jmatt81 said:

I live in LE3 and work in LE4. Yesterday there were heavy snow showers and today it has just been a constant light flurry. The snow is more like graupel and less like flakes.

Yeah I honestly think Leicester has seen the least. Heavy blob on the radar but its just a light flurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
34 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Massive favour to ask anyone at home/on a desktop. Could someone take screenshots of the BBC national and midlands today forecast maps at 1.30 please? 

Also - does anyone have the time spare, to check out the HIRLAM, Arpege and GFS for the 3 hour PPN breakdowns between now and SATURDAY PM - just so we can see how they look, see when looks favourable for any PPN and to compare when it's all said and done? 

Would hugely appreciate that. 

Best I could do... (not sure which order they’ve loaded in, sorry)

050C9F10-453C-4BAA-89C6-ECCD33FB3359.jpeg

4C1B27BC-BFEB-4C9F-ACFC-59C0D3CCE884.jpeg

E7CA4829-167F-4D0F-AFD2-F73557E22E1B.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, jmatt81 said:

I live in LE3 and work in LE4. Yesterday there were heavy snow showers and today it has just been a constant light flurry. The snow is more like graupel and less like flakes.

yes and here, kinda why the system is a pain, killing off convection, if the system was much further south, would be heavier snow from the Wash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Nothing much going on here in Bewdley, except that the wind has really picked up. Only very light snow falling at the moment.

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes and here, kinda why the system is a pain, killing off convection, if the system was much further south, would be heavier snow from the Wash

Not sure about that, Weve had the easterly for a while before this system and its hardly brought much to here. 

Posted
Just now, snowstorm27x said:

Massive upgrade on Met and BBC has heavy snow from 16.00 and snowing until 8am tomorrow.

Will you stop looking at them bloody Apps Snowstorm27x  Yow keep getting my hopes up.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

It snowed a couple of inches overnight, woke just after 7 to medium snow falling, very fine stuff mostly, and it's pretty much not stopped all day thus far, although it did get very very light for some bits around 10-11am. 
None of this was forecast, though - last night, when I checked, all the forecast sites were saying here would have snow from about 2pm onwards, but dry all morning. 

Real nowcasting - and we're also now squeezed between two ever-closer Ambers, and only 61 miles NW of the Somerset-Cardiff Red! Who knows...!

We've got maybe 4-5 inches now, but it's covered all surfaces overnight and nothing has melted today, so everything that falls is staying. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Massive upgrade on Met and BBC has heavy snow from 16.00 and snowing until 8am tomorrow.

For what area??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Has been snowing here all day, lighter mostly but has got slightly heavier last half hour.Settling more as well.  Not really tying up with radar but not expecting it to, these are funny conditions. Still -3 and windy too,  interesting weather we have right now and not really predictable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Will you stop looking at them bloody Apps Snowstorm27x  Yow keep getting my hopes up.:D

Haha it's the hope that kills you still nice to see they obviously think Emma is going to be more NE. Snow until tomorrow non stop.

Posted

Snow getting heavier again. Although like other places the a accumulation isn't everywhere and the grass isn't buried this isn't your usual thin snow cover as its very powdery and dry so it doesn't just settle where it lands. You've got to wonder how much it would have accumulated if it was wetter and stickier. It's too cold for that though which is better in a way as more marginal snow indicates warmer temperatures which means it's prone to thaw quicker. I quite like this proper arctic weather. 

Snows at its heaviest now though today so far with bigger flakes as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Haha it's the hope that kills you still nice to see they obviously think Emma is going to be more NE. Snow until tomorrow non stop.

and here but light, expect that though, 

Posted
Just now, WalsallWeather123 said:

I just want the grass to disappear. Not asking for much

has around Wildwood, even town, but in town it's self very little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Moderate snow with high winds here. Nice little development east of Jersey and pleasing north-east thrust to the system in the Channel right now. Also watching that ppn around Southampton.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
11 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Best I could do... (not sure which order they’ve loaded in, sorry)

050C9F10-453C-4BAA-89C6-ECCD33FB3359.jpeg

4C1B27BC-BFEB-4C9F-ACFC-59C0D3CCE884.jpeg

E7CA4829-167F-4D0F-AFD2-F73557E22E1B.jpeg

Thanks mate, you are a star!

Its a shame BBC are so unreliable because that shows snow quite widespread north of Birmingham later. 

Posted

Looking at the radar, it's getting as far east as London?? Maybe we'll be in with a chance after all?

• Like 1