Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
31 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

I would go to the Brecon Beacons if I were you, you'd have to be VERY careful overnight though, maybe try and get an Air BnB or hotel there if it is feasible.

Just looked where the Brecon Beacons is - 132 miles... perhaps not! 

Posted

That incoming front from the south doesn't look as far west as predicted just maybe it might pay us a visit in brum

Posted

According to the netweather radar there's a big green lump right over Rugby at the moment where I currently am.  I can confirm there is the merest snizzle in the sky, not a sign of any serious precipitation.  Maybe it's a chemical leak from the Cemex plant and not precipitation ;-)

Posted
12 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

I may go for a drive! Find it.  Where is best folks? Don’t want to get stuck though heheh

Jump on the a5 towards Tamworth get on the a38 head up to Derby  turn left  on the A52  ,coffee  at Ashbourne  then down the A515 to the A50  at Sudbury  ,left turn  along a50 to cherry tree island a50 /a38 back home down the a38 . Is about  3hrs round trip.

Or up to Ripley  on the a38 ,coffee   turn round  back home.is about 1hr 30 up and same down.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
3 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Seems odd to be reading "game over" comments on here - at midday it's currently -4°C outside with a howling wind and steady persistent snow. This "game" has barely even been taken out of its box, let alone come to a finish!

Bish

I agree Brennan, there are so many negative comments when the event hasn’t really started even in the SW, let alone be Midlands...users should have a more positive view and not come to hasty conclusions.

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, AppleUK 123 said:

I agree Brennan, there are so many negative comments when the event hasn’t really started even in the SW, let alone be Midlands...users should have a more positive view and not come to hasty conclusions.

I have to disagree here. I cannot see anything happening for our little part of the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted

Can't remember last time I was this excited watching the radar. :D

Going back good few years now.

Posted
1 minute ago, AppleUK 123 said:

I agree Brennan, there is so many negative comments when the event hasn’t really started even in the SW, let alone be Midlands...users should have a more positive view and not come to hasty conclusions.

Yea my steps are disappearing:) in notts

1519905407458805501773.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Staffordshire said:

I have to disagree here. I cannot see anything happening for our little part of the Midlands.

Let’s see where the precipitation currently across NW ?? travels, hopefully a northerly correction along with a slight easterly shift would allow some precipitation to move into W.Midlands Conurbation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, carled said:

According to the netweather radar there's a big green lump right over Rugby at the moment where I currently am.  I can confirm there is the merest snizzle in the sky, not a sign of any serious precipitation.  Maybe it's a chemical leak from the Cemex plant and not precipitation ;-)

Strange weather as in Corby not stopped snowing all morning.

Posted
3 minutes ago, helen47 said:

Yea my steps are disappearing:) in notts

1519905407458805501773.jpg

I have only got a dusting here, and it has been lightly snowing for most the day here in Aldridge. I remain optimistic of more vigorous precipitation moving across the area, Chris Fawkes is predicting 10-20cm across W.Midlands, Wales and parts of S.West.

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

Edited by AppleUK 123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Precipitation seems to be heading more westerly now, was almost going directly north past Leicester for a while. Which is good news, finally have some heavier stuff heading towards us deprived ones :)

And can see some flakes in the sky...

Posted
43 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

I may go for a drive! Find it.  Where is best folks? Don’t want to get stuck though heheh

Try the M80 .......

Guest Delete Me

Shift in the wind has pushed the snow from the SE midlands up to a NW direction over the past hour.

Should be in Stoke within 30 minutes at this rate

Capture.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Firstly its great to see others getting decent snow especially for those in the south west, I hope they enjoy it.

Secondly - i am not being pessimistic, just realistic, Emma will not reach leicestershire, despite what the BBC forecast shows, so it is game over for that. I have juest watch METO, she is battling against the winds, which are to strong from the easterly/south easterly, she is being kept far our west!!

That brings me onto the ppn south east of me, I have been under it now for an hours and nothing falling, the more intense areas seem to be breaking up before they get here. But as the wind is swriling so much you cant accurately track it unlike yesterdays, also there is no yellows in it so not that heavy.

The system thats being shown for tomorrow evening may be our last hope for 2017/2018 winter.

The winds are alot stronger today.

I do agree that the tempatures have been exceptional, but it has not frozen the small bit of lying snow we do have from last night, nornally -3 the roads are like icerinks even with abit of snow, let alone -7. The air is so dry!!!!

I also think that the METO warnings now are just to cover every eventually, belt, braces and straight jacket, and cannot be read into.

Oh well back to radar wathing - hope springs eternal (pardon the pun being the first day of spring :) )

Good luck to you all, if you do get please enjoy it!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Chucking it down here finally!!

Where are you Shaky ?

North West Leicester here and just the lightest of flakes falling.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
18 minutes ago, carled said:

maybe we've been the lucky ones in the midlands areas because in Northampton we have had continous snow since 11pm last night.  Okay at times it is mainly light but there have also been a few heavier periods of snow.  Basically had continuous snow falling for past 12 hours now.

Posted

Possibly heavier snow showers in Worcester within the hour then perhaps in the Black Country by 3pm looking at the radar.