Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
3 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Ppn just seems to die over Leicester then intensify as it goes past Leicester. 

Officially confirmed that Leicester is the worst place in the mids for snow

It is snowing here in burton mate but its not what you call great mainly breezing past going to derby notts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

I teach (no snow day for me!) just by the Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham and there really isn't much happening - Just very, very cold, light and blowy snow and very windy!   We seem to be in a bit of a 'no snow zone' this time!   

Posted

Just watched bbc forecast and sad to say anywhere east and north of our region its game over the low will go as far as hereford and thats it before pulling west..oh well at least its cold in coventry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Ignore last post. Weird typo. Well its a funny game this weather malarkey. After getting very little from the earlier amber warning this week, last night in Nottingham was a total shock. Blizzard conditions for hours really. Brilliant. Got on the bus to Derby this morning and about half as much but not too bad at all. And as I type its snowing again. Magic! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
4 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Just watched bbc forecast and sad to say anywhere east and north of our region its game over the low will go as far as hereford and thats it before pulling west..oh well at least its cold in coventry

And if you were to belive the bbc on how clear cut this situation is than it will be the first time in there history at times like this they got it right:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Positive thinking, ? at radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow here all morning and windy.  Its so cold , just been outside for 5 mins and my hands are freeeezing. 

Roads round here are fine.  Hopefully they stay that way. 

If were going to get snow I hope we get loads overnight.  I hate the whole scenario of being able to struggle to get into work , then spend all day everybody faffing about should we go home now  then get stuck with everybody on the roads 

Posted

Totally gutted. Looks like this whole cold spell will be an absolute let down for quite a few of us in the Midlands. The rain will of course barrel through when the mild crap returns. Game over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
Just now, The Wolf said:

Totally gutted. Looks like this whole cold spell will be an absolute let down for quite a few of us in the Midlands. The rain will of course barrel through when the mild crap returns. Game over.

Yeah has to be the most frustrating part of the midlands, hard to get any good snow but rain barrells on through midlands easily and consistently in the summer. Maybe we should become rain enthusiasts instead :D;) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Radar has just sprung into life south of leicester and near south wales!

Yeah hopefully not just aprop. Will find out when it updates again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Temp dropped back down to -3.0C, but the snowfall has stopped also, so i think we are chasing a lost cause here (those without any snowfall that is!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Just now, The Wolf said:

Have you thought about a mass suicide with some of the other depressants it seems like the only viable option looking at your comment.

In other news, Britain gets pummled in near record breaking upper temps with day time temps not getting above -3 and half a meter of snow forecast for southwest England and Wales. 

Just be happy for folks that's getting it and go and book yourself in a hotel for the night in southern England and enjoy it in a pub by a fire watching heavy snow fall? If it gets you that much it's in your hands to get involved 

Posted
7 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

And if you were to belive the bbc on how clear cut this situation is than it will be the first time in there history at times like this they got it right:rofl:

Dont think they will be wrong hours from the main event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
3 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Dont think they will be wrong hours from the main event

Please believe me from experience tells me otherwise ,watch the radar :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

It still looks and feels very wintry outside though. Little dustings blowing down the road in the wind look dramatic. OK, it's not the dumping we were hoping for...but I still quite like it.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Come and join my party , its called the "we hate when roads have snow and ice".    :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

To be honest, I was hoping Emma would be further east, but judging my radar and models. It's actually further west than originally thought - not east. 

All but guaranteeing a dry evening - CERTAINLY from brum northwards. All I can say is thank god for that streamer last night and this AM. Can't moan too much. 

But it's really so annoying how all of the 'main events' have missed us as a region. You do have to wonder with tomorrow's potential system whether this may occur again then and really stick a knife where it hurts. 

Posted
21 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Don't be too despondent yet as it was a BBC forecast I listened to that had any snow showers dying out in Nottingham yesterday Tea time. Then 7 o clock arrived & the rest as they say is history, virtually not stopped snowing here since 

Edited by Ryan05
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Seems odd to be reading "game over" comments on here - at midday it's currently -4°C outside with a howling wind and steady persistent snow. This "game" has barely even been taken out of its box, let alone come to a finish!

Bish

• Like 5