Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, DIS1970 said:

Snow gap in Wolverhampton, that hole over this Town/City just will not fill in. Very very light here, could snow like this all day, but next to nothing would accumulate, but very cold.

It can't keep dodging us mate we are literally surrounded. Light snow here still.

Posted
28 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Very odd looking radar but the snow actually continues to just get heavier. 5CM's now easily, moderate snow falling. Where has this come from? It's like we have built a mini stationary low over us. Just goes to show, if winds had stayed due E all throughout the week, we would have seen far more convective snow. 

You have 5cm!! Nothing more than a dusting here, the grass isn't even covered properly. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Snowing here to, light/moderate and looks set to intensify judging by the radar. Slightly bizarrely it’s not really settling though, not sure if this is due to the wind or dew points or ?? It’s minus 4 here so plenty cold enough.

Even more bizarrely the Met Office has us down as dry till 1pm !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Im trying not to get excited. But we appear to have unmovable snow to the NE, a band intensifying as it moves up the country. The merging point could keep us at least in 'light snow' for a good few hours. 

If tonight then produced, that would be something epic.

Posted

Well well well ,,

surprise snow is the best 

left pelsall (was snowing lightly) nice surprise then down the m54 to shawbury progressively getting heavier very tricky between junctions 4-6 , then heavy on lanes to shawbury ,

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

You have 5cm!! Nothing more than a dusting here, the grass isn't even covered properly. :sorry:

Ditto Staffordshire, not settling here for some reason despite mod snow, almost like its evaporating before it hits the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Snows coming down here now but it’s not settling!! :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Piling up nicely now near Tutbury ,  wind pretty brisk and -6 .  Been out to feed the birds.  Very pretty  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Light to moderate snow here in Leicester, starting to affect the roads. Honestly I think MetOffice are flat out wrong to not have atleast a yellow warning out for Leicester and nearby areas. Doesn't look like this  light snow will stop anytime soon and it is already starting to make driving conditions a bit slippy, nothing terrible, no complete traffic halts or anything, but definitely big increases to breaking distances, bound to be some accidents and the conditions will only worsen.

Now my 'HYPE TIME!' prediction :D;) ...:

I think Leicester/Notts/Birmingham/Coventry sort of area could get squeezed between the precipitation to the north and to the south, might lead to some interesting windy conditions and heavier snow than predicted ? especially as I believe this precipitation from the south I believe is part of a slightly warmer air mass, leading to a mixing of different energy systems...

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Can see the horizon clearly, sun may even be visible soon if the cloud thins out any more.

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

Light to moderate snow here in Leicester, starting to affect the roads. Honestly I think MetOffice are flat out wrong to not have atleast a yellow warning out for Leicester and nearby areas. Doesn't look like this  light snow will stop anytime soon and it is already starting to make driving conditions a bit slippy, nothing terrible no complete traffic halts or anything, but definitely big increases to breaking distances, bound to be some accidents and the conditions will only worsen.

Now my HYPE TIME! prediction :D...:

I think Leicester/Notts/Birmingham/Coventry sort of area could get squeezed between the precipitation to the north and to the south, might lead to some interesting windy conditions and heavier snow than predicted ? especially as I believe this precipitation from the south I believe is part of a slightly warmer air mass, leading to a mixing of different energy systems...

And the heavier stuff is yet to arrive!!this looks.more like the gem model lol!!coule it have got it right all along!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
1 minute ago, DIS1970 said:

Can see the horizon clearly, sun may even be visible soon if the cloud thins out any more.

Shouldn't thin out, heavier stuff is heading your way at a steady rate.

Posted
2 minutes ago, hammy said:

Snows coming down here now but it’s not settling!! :cc_confused:

Same here Hammy, must be a South Birmingham thing! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

Ditto Staffordshire, not settling here for some reason despite mod snow, almost like its evaporating before it hits the ground.

Yep, I really do give up, we must be inside the only triangle in the UK not to get more than a dusting.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Yes mate, remember we are slightly further north than you, we have probably had a bit more of the coverage and got a few direct hits from showers yesterday. 

Edited by PolarWarsaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Light to moderate snow here. Looking at the radar returns, no model has captured this movement this far north. Hirlam probably the closest. Going to be an interesting afternoon watching the radar.

Posted
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Yes mate, remember we are slightly further north than you, we have probably had a bit more of the coverage and got a few direct hits from showers yesterday. 

Yep, looking at the southern edge of that more intense band that is just covering you, it will be missing me in work (SE Lichfield) by about 1-2 miles, you couldn't make it up.

Posted

red alert now out for devon into south wales

amber alert for west midlands firmed up but same location as yesterday gets to worcester not birmingham

Edited by Diamond Joe

Posted
2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Yep, looking at the southern edge of that more intense band that is just covering you, it will be missing me in work (SE Lichfield) by about 1-2 miles, you couldn't make it up.

Yeah it's fine margins mate. I've taken a photo but can't seem to upload it.