Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
2 minutes ago, Fender.. said:

Is the Euro 4 , a top model though.  Is it up with the gfs and ecm and the like?

That depends on whether it's predicting six metres of snow for the Midlands! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Started again but main bit is still to get here on radar, think there may be some showers popping up now in South midlands although very light in nature

Edited by VeryCold

Posted
42 minutes ago, MKN said:

Looks like some nr that curb over there lol. Either way lets hope things pep up and continue heading towards leics over next few hours. 

Nope, been over and checked, light reflecting off a weather balloon near venus and refracting off double yellow lines mate!!! 

Posted

I'm getting a bit worried now that what we've got now, which is probably a centimetre if that is as good as its going to get here. Feeling a bit jealous of those who are getting loads because it sounds like a classic snowy spell like Winter snows of old which I want to see so much :(. Just got to hope that much more pushes this way than is currently predicted. At least there's some though which is better than nothing. Can't win them all I suppose.

Posted

Steady but slow progress being made towards the midlands from the band to our South and East.

Screenshot_20180301-001100.png

Screenshot_20180301-001118.png

Posted

Then again who can trust the models at the moment even by a couple of hours. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
22 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

I'm getting a bit worried now that what we've got now, which is probably a centimetre if that is as good as its going to get here. Feeling a bit jealous of those who are getting loads because it sounds like a classic snowy spell like Winter snows of old which I want to see so much :(. Just got to hope that much more pushes this way than is currently predicted. At least there's some though which is better than nothing. Can't win them all I suppose.

Wish I had that much. Been waiting for hours for the streamer just to my south to edge northward. It finally has but is incredibly weak here and is now shooting off to my north. Brilliant. Utterly fed up. Everything that could go wrong for here has.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Good covering here in Belper from earlier and we look to be bang in the firing line for the remainder of the streamer (and everything else that’s out on the east coast). Could be quite an impressive total by morning at this rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
40 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Lmao there is the triangle again. It always happens 

Screenshot_20180228-235511.png

Im with you.

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Wish I had that much. Been waiting for hours for the streamer just to my south to edge northward. It finally has but is incredibly weak here and is now shooting off to my north. Brilliant.

How much have you got? When I say a centimetre it's probably more akin to a double dusting if that makes sense but that's only on about half the surface and its bare on in a lot of surfaces as what we did get was blown around and only stuck in the cracks nooks and crannies. It's like the sand on the pavement on a warm day on the beach so dry and powdery. If we had had much more though we would have been talking epic drifts, which is a rare sight these days indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
44 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Funny thing is in Nuneaton there is a village called Bermuda. So I suppose this is the Bermuda triangle for snow lol

Screenshot_20180228-235511.png

Brilliant! Looks like the 'Leicester snow shield' in full effect too!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

How much have you got? When I say a centimetre it's probably more akin to a double dusting if that makes sense but that's only on about half the surface and its bare on in a lot of surfaces as what we did get was blown around and only stuck in the cracks nooks and crannies. It's like the sand on the pavement on a dry windy day near the beach so dry and powdery. If we had had much more though we would have been talking epic drifts, which is a rare sight these days indeed.

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Update here in rushden... snowing lightly for the past hour, now a dusting on the road which was clear earlier and topping up the 3-4cm we have on the grass. Amazing how powdery this stuff is though, can't remember the last time, if ever, i've seen snow this powdery in England.

Posted

Right I'm coming to my senses I'm been silly in my disappointment as at least there is some snow outside and as Andy in Leicester says it is nice to see this type of snow as we don't often (these days at least (actually I'm not sure I even remember any as such)) see this type of snow as it doesn't often get this cold from the east. As I say it reminds we of fine sand the way it's so dry and powdery and  was dispersed around by the wind.

Posted

I am in the very edge of the yellow. But may as well be bang in the middle of the triangle. Being on the edge is worse for the rollercoaster of it.. looking and thinking its gona get us then just missing out... argh..

All though checking the radar those showers to the east are alot more organised into a band now moving twards us.. But the decent ppn just isn't in that bit as of yet as much as the showers above .. before I went to bed we had about 1-2cm on the bits that had the dregs of this afternoons showers..

Hoping for a reasonable covering in the morning 5cm would do me.

Not got alot of hope for tomorrow but might catch abit of light stuff but will be interesting watching none the less.. Can't work so that's me for tomorrow.

My water system freezes up in the van for windows. My lawn mowing season meant to start tomorrow. Haha

I don't mind not earning if its snowed alot by me but just because of the cold. That is annoying..

Posted
4 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

I am in the very edge of the yellow. But may as well be bang in the middle of the triangle. Being on the edge is worse for the rollercoaster of it.. looking and thinking its gona get us then just missing out... argh..

All though checking the radar those showers to the east are alot more organised into a band now moving twards us.. But the decent ppn just isn't in that bit as of yet as much as the showers above .. before I went to bed we had about 1-2cm on the bits that had the dregs of this afternoons showers..

Hoping for a reasonable covering in the morning 5cm would do me.

Not got alot of hope for tomorrow but might catch abit of light stuff but will be interesting watching none the less.. Can't work so that's me for tomorrow.

My water system freezes up in the van for windows. My lawn mowing season meant to start tomorrow. Haha

I don't mind not earning if its snowed alot by me but just because of the cold. That is annoying..

That band to the east looks set to die in the next hour. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah maybe.. Leicester snow shield fallen now. Nice little trough opened up for me to delay anything further. Lol.

Maybe will get a bit from what's behind. Here's hoping. 

20180301_011520.png

Posted

Massive differences in the recent fax charts....

fax36s.thumb.gif.21eb1b866ba3704baed5bdefc392fb6e.gif

fax24s.thumb.gif.accab9de2c42f63e9b3e19b476c59dfd.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Very windy night , howling against the windows that has gave me a crap night sleep, certainly sounds like the beast has awoke here, not just gusts it’s constant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

very gusty winds here not even a dusting of snow it’s dry as a bone and bitterly cold we are under the met yellow warning but I can’t see we getting any snow in these parts of Birmingham 

Posted

I'm pretty sure that the winds we've had tonight were much stronger than the  34mph gusts predicted by MetO. Strong enough to vibrate the walls of the flat.

Posted

crikey looks like a fair amount of snow has fallen overnight in Derby. Radar shows a large area of snow locked in and still coming. This was not forecast last night.