Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Frustrated. We've had the snow showers, really heavy at times, they just keep occurring at the wrong time. They hit during the day when the sun melts the snow rapidly and then they miss here at night. Watched countless snow showers weaken rapidly once they get anywhere near Stoke, and watching tonight's Wash streamer head a few miles to my south.

Then we appear to be out of luck for Thursday, with the snow likely staying to the SW of here. Literally about 10 miles outside of the warning area. Been outside of 2 amber warnings by about 20 miles this week. 

Might have more luck for Friday but the computer models showing virtually nothing left of the front once it reaches here will probably be right, by the law of sod.

got around 5cms max here, but I think of all the regional threads on this forum, ours averaged out is the least snowy

maybe not after tomorrow though, after Telfords dump

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Arpege north and east aswell. Bizarre 

Arpege is still 12z on Meteociel ?

edit:

Oh yeah it's out for France, my bad.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Well I'm seeing on Rain Today a whole batch of showers heading straight for Stoke through the night. Yes that early streamer was a little south, but I can tell you having just walked the dog, there is certainly flurries in the air. And the wind is even worse than this afternoon, real biting now.

I normally like walking in the cold but the air was actually stinging my skin tonight! Must be one of the coldest walks I've ever done. Can't think of many times I've experience lower temperatures other than in December 2010. Currently -7'C, with a windchill of -14'C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
Just now, weirpig said:

IMG_1322.PNG

Has consistently showed some of the heaviest precip.
The fact that it is the ARPEGE does fill me with some relief; boy do I hope it is right! Maybe the precip will be even heavier across the WMidlands.

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Showers are actually heading towards Leicester.. beggars belief ! though looking at the intensity I think there is more water in my bedside cup than in those clouds :wallbash: :D

Fortunately I find it legitimately funny these days, I actually have a bit of a chuckle to myself looking at the radar :) I am used to it now. Though I can't be too bitter, we did pretty decent in December, 5 to 10cm twice.

Same with thunderstorms, we either get nowt, and only here and see other people's storms, or we get ommered!! 

Leicester, that is.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I normally like walking in the cold but the air was actually stinging my skin tonight! Must be one of the coldest walks I've ever done. Can't think of many times I've experience lower temperatures other than in December 2010. Currently -7'C, with a windchill of -14'C.

You want to get yourself up to Flash during a typical winters day when the wind blows. That said the temp down here is probably that of a normal day up there!

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

got around 5cms max here, but I think of all the regional threads on this forum, ours averaged out is the least snowy

maybe not after tomorrow though, after Telfords dump

Got a dusting here, to maybe a cm or so in places. Had it been a month earlier, those showers would have dumped inches of snow. Some of the heaviest snowfall I have ever seen. What a waste. I had thought that, with temperatures so far below freezing all day for the past few days, the sun's influence would have been largely overcome but, wow, it is powerful!

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Looks like we're about to get a few more showers. Nothing heavy, but it all mounts up!

Posted
20 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Pretty much - it's ironic that normally our best snow bringer is the 'slider' and even this weekends 'low' looks like missing us marginally, it's the kind of thing that makes you want to give up really isn't it?

You're right, but I'm hoping to get out more this summer to catch some storms.

i guess this is why it's good to also have other hobbies though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
6 minutes ago, snowqueen1979 said:

Incoming!  Let's hope it pushes it's way through.

Screenshot_2018-02-28-22-10-34.png

North or south??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Light snow now in Hinckley (Burbage)??? Nothing close enough on radar. Encouraging!

edit nope I am seeing things. Off to bed I reckon ?

Edited by Barometer Cat

Posted
6 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Looks like we're about to get a few more showers. Nothing heavy, but it all mounts up!

Not so sure. They look too far south to me? The occasional one that is a little further north just dies.

Posted

Yep, it's snowing again. Only light but looks like there might be the odd moderate patch. Seems to be merging with the line that's been overMid Staffs for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
Just now, MattStoke said:

Not so sure. They look too far south to me? The occasional one that is a little further north just dies.

Shower here now and wind picked up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
4 minutes ago, shaky said:

Wow 10 to 15cms widely and stretching into east midlands aswell!!too good to be true!!

Until it is bang over my house and it is on the ground outside I won't believe it...:D

Posted

Sorry for the rant

Starting to get seriously peeved off with how unlucky we are in Hinckley with snow compared to other areas! Very jealous of the streamer out of the wash. That would have been us 2 nights ago but hey ho. If I'm being really honest just want the cold and snow now to bugger off. I'd rather not live on radar watching and watch it systematically miss us nearly everytime. 

Rant over- think I feel a tiny bit better now lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks to me like Nottingham has gone from zero to hero, hit the absolute jackpot tonight. Constant streamer for the last couple of hours, with more orange echoes on radar currently. Probably got some of the highest totals in the midlands now. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

IMG_1322.PNG

That is better, unfortunately it's still to far away to feel confident about even if it is the day after tomorrow. Hopefully the end of that last sentence becomes an apt description :D.

Posted

Desperate to join in the action. Large parts of UK and parts of Midlands getting a pounding and all I have is pathetic few frozen bits of snow on grass and drive. Gut wrenching even watching all the hype on tv and sod all happening here. Really hope the next couple of days deliver for me.

Anyone think I have a decent chance in my location? I am just outside Wolverhampton to the South West.