Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Wind is now a directly straight easterly, which isn't too good for my location as the showers are pretty non existent directly east. Still, had a few decent ones come up from the SE before the change of direction :)

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

White out in the last half hour, all white over. Another shower following but it looks bleak on radar thereafter. 

Yeah, I caught the very southerly tip of that which gave a covering but is melting away already...

Posted

looks like a chunk of the midlands miss out on the warnings tomorrow - they are to the north and south of us, missing nuneaton / Hinckley/ Leicester etc.  You couldn't write it! :wallbash:

Edited by Nicky Shepherd

Posted

It's been cloudy all morning, it's way below 0, it's been snowing all morning, heavy at times and still it can't settle. May be the sun but it's funny that other areas having persistent snow and cloud cover don't seem to be the same.

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

It's been cloudy all morning, it's way below 0, it's been snowing all morning, heavy at times and still it can't settle. May be the sun but it's funny that other areas having persistent snow and cloud cover don't seem to be the same.

Hmm that is very strange Matt. 'andypvfc' just posted a photo of snow which seem to have given a good covering in Stoke?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Hmm that is very strange Matt. 'andypvfc' just posted a photo of snow which seem to have given a good covering in Stoke?

There is a dusting from last night that has partially melted. I'm at work in the town. Maybe it will have stuck more when I get home. There's normally more snow where I live than there is here.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

looks like a chunk of the midlands miss out on the warnings tomorrow - they are to the north and south of us, missing nuneaton / Hinckley/ Leicester etc.  You couldn't write it! :wallbash:

Remember 2010 when it snowed everywhere except Nuneaton, bedworth, and Hinckley? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

To be fair mate I work for Sids taxis around the area, quite strange how I get see quite a good covering in Newcastle sometimes and yet get home to Talke and it's clear. Although that pic just was from Home in Talke / Butt Lane. Kind of on the Staffs / Cheshire border, with Alsager 5 mins away.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Remember 2010 when it snowed everywhere except Nuneaton, bedworth, and Hinckley? 

remember it well!  we jumped in the car and went to find it that year!

Posted
1 minute ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

remember it well!  we jumped in the car and went to find it that year!

People never believe me when I tell them it snowed 3 miles to the west of me 3 miles to the north about 7 miles to the east and south and we got nothing lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

To be fair mate I work for Sids taxis around the area, quite strange how I get see quite a good covering in Newcastle sometimes and yet get home to Talke and it's clear. Although that pic just was from Home in Talke / Butt Lane. Kind of on the Staffs / Cheshire border, with Alsager 5 mins away.

@MattStoke hmm that could be why then, maybe out of town it has stuck better?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Yes 2010 was bad in our location. Didnt get anything really...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
12 minutes ago, Nicky Shepherd said:

Ah well, at least it's keeping those sheep of yours safe! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Showers slow to come in Birmingham. Watching up north at Leek it looks worse.

If i looked at this Radar without knowing it is an Easterly. Then wow what a NWesterly. (Cheshire Gap Streamer Reversal)

Live In Brum but Currently In Glasgow with 7 Inches Settled already with maybe another 5/6 to come. Beautiful. I am watching my home carefully Hope Thursday Night/Fri smashes the whole Midlands Hard! Enjoy it all. ????

PS: Mr Snowman Pics over the weekend. 

Screenshot_2018-02-28-13-20-30.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Afternoon, I think we’ve got some pretty important 12Z runs, a eastwards and northwards shift would be preferable.

By tonight maybe we’ll have some satellite imagery to analyse?

• Like 1