Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, Cov87 said:

Wow dont know how accurate this model.is but if that comes off 10cms plus for large parts of the midlands ?

Yep  thats the best case scenario   10cm widely  upto 20cm  for so to the West   bit of an upgrade this morning 

Posted
2 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Looked at the warnings im in the clear patch for all haha. 

Looks like Burton on Trent in the yellow area too me so thats something at least

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yep  thats the best case scenario   10cm widely  upto 20cm  for so to the West   bit of an upgrade this morning 

But how come majority of the west mids still in the yellow warning and not amber??

Posted
Just now, Cov87 said:

But how come majority of the west mids still in the yellow warning and not amber??

I suppose  Track  still unsure.  The Warnings have pushed slighty more North and west  which is a good sign 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

I think the Matrix suggest that with increased confidence an Amber is likely, if we do get an Amber I suspect it will be issued a similar time tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
5 minutes ago, Diamond Joe said:

Looks like Burton on Trent in the yellow area too me so thats something at least

Its been funny so far had a couple of tiny showers through the week. Maybe a couple today. But watching the radar its like we had a force feild bouncing everything off. Thursday and friday say on bbc weather will get abit but the warnings and gfs are barely brushing us like a reverse arch of what the tuesday low did.

Hey you missed a spot :oops:

Least had a day in december.

Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, apparently - today's yellow warning has been spread slightly further west over central areas for showers....be interested to see how that plays out. 

Interesting that it now looks like tomorrow night when we may get in on some sort of act (potentially) - for those north of Birmingham - another 50-100 mile shift northwards is needed.

IMG_6093.PNG

Posted
2 minutes ago, WinterWilf said:

Its been funny so far had a couple of tiny showers through the week. Maybe a couple today. But watching the radar its like we had a force feild bouncing everything off. Thursday and friday say on bbc weather will get abit but the warnings and gfs are barely brushing us like a reverse arch of what the tuesday low did.

Hey you missed a spot :oops:

Least had a day in december.

Fingers crossed

Theres no guarentees of course but Id be favouring the weather warnings and tv forecasts over the gfs at this range, ignore the Weather Apps. Thinks look ok going into Thursday to Saturday, very good for those under amber and not bad for those like you and I under Yellows for Friday. Still plenty to play for in my view, we could hit the jackpot but equally, we could lose our bets. 

Im enjoying the ride, its a hell of a rush, plus i got out of a train journey to London tomorrow lol

• Like 1

Posted

Starting to get really heavy snow again in northants had about an inch in 25 mins. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it down to -6.5 °C last night, the lowest of 2018 so far. Currently -2.3 °C. Going to be close whether we get an ice day.

Posted

This time yesterday we had a NE flow....when Lincolnshire looked 'average'. Today we switch to a SE wind direction and wouldn't you just take a look to the NE....meanwhile looking SE.....enough to make you laugh. 

IMG_6094.PNG

IMG_6096.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I like how MetO just issued an amber warning the exact shape of the big blob of precip on the radar. Someone clearly just went "whelp, well we didn't model that one", drew an orange box around the precip and pushed it out as an amber alert now-cast lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
24 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Wow dont know how accurate this model.is but if that comes off 10cms plus for large parts of the midlands ?

More so for west mids, not so much NE of the region

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Meto warning puts some of us in the North midlands under an amber this afternoon.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A band of heavy snow showers will continue across the area well into this afternoon, with a further 5-10 cm of snow accumulating in a number of places, and locally 15 cm where snow showers are most frequent. Strong winds will lead to drifting of lying snow, along with severe wind chill, whilst lightning will be an additional hazard, particularly near coasts. The snow showers should ease later in the afternoon.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
11 minutes ago, Diamond Joe said:

Theres no guarentees of course but Id be favouring the weather warnings and tv forecasts over the gfs at this range, ignore the Weather Apps. Thinks look ok going into Thursday to Saturday, very good for those under amber and not bad for those like you and I under Yellows for Friday. Still plenty to play for in my view, we could hit the jackpot but equally, we could lose our bets. 

Im enjoying the ride, its a hell of a rush, plus i got out of a train journey to London tomorrow lol

That should be fun for you then good luck!

Comedy how the wind direction has changed so now the showers are slightly above us than slightly below us yesterday.

Couldn't be in a worst part.

Yeah I don't trust the bbc apps absolutely useless.

But then again I was deep in amber warning for Tuesday early on.

Got 0 So warning aren't great either.

Think looking out window is best bet... 

Edited by WinterWilf
Autocorrect

Posted

About to get some light/moderate showers in Leicester by the looks of it :yahoo: very light mind, but appreciated none the less.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Yes its looking good, Fire on and feet up day radar watching. Temp continues to hover around -5.2 here with already around 2.5 inch snow cover. light snow curently.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

About to get some light/moderate showers in Leicester by the looks of it :yahoo: very light mind, but appreciated none the less.

Leicester snow shield says you shall not pass ?

Screenshot_20180228-105649.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Leicester snow shield says you shall not pass ?

Screenshot_20180228-105649.jpg

I have faith it shall be defeated ! pray to the snow gods...

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

I have faith it shall be defeated ! pray to the snow gods...

Few flakes blowing around now in LE3

• Thanks 1