Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

It's close  look at Norway though lol

'Only' 200 mm or so :cold:
Think I'm ever in the 5 or 10 mm bracket. So 5-10 cm, maybe more. Should see some snow showers pushing through the area tomorrow anyway.

Posted
55 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I mean all the tv and radio talk of it. Keep going on about it and it feels more like a kitten to me so far than a beast. Maybe I’m been ott 

No I disagree. Wonderful cold spell so far. Next 3 days should be ice days. Incredible for March.

There is a covering of snow outside...albeit 1cm or snow. We could get some more tomorrow in showers and then later in the week frontal.

I think maybe you are comparing it to 8-10 Dec 2017 which was exceptional in itself. We are getting spoilt here- I also really enjoyed the 26-27 Dec event which gave 2 inches here that stuck around for a couple of days. 

• Like 4

Posted

The precip that is the reason the north east has an amber warning can clearly be seen. Shame nothing major heading in our direction. 

Screenshot_20180228-011106.jpg

Posted
11 minutes ago, Speedway Slider said:

It's even just bent around Leicester!! 

Still plenty more showers knocking about just need a few to club together in the right place before heading inland. Cant see much more than a dusting though.

Posted

Just reading the other threads it seems we have virtually missed out on all the fun compared to everyone else and it's not looking good now for Thursday/Friday espically Birmingham northwards. Just a gradual rise in temps. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Uttoxeter snow said:

Just reading the other threads it seems we have virtually missed out on all the fun compared to everyone else and it's not looking good now for Thursday/Friday espically Birmingham northwards. Just a gradual rise in temps. Very disappointing.

Yeah very disappointing friday/sat is a total non event if for the places south of our region. Easterlies are never good for my neck of the woods i remember 2010 was biting cold but we were totally snowless when even areas 20 miles south of us were getting buried

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

You lot kill me. manic depressants by the dozens. Glass always bloody empty.

It's not a none event at all. Thurs is for areas north of Birmingham but loads live south of b98. 

Friday's event is stil up for grabs for you guys further north. 

Look at the radar, got a fun day today with record breaking cold and instability so just enjoy it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Yep I agree with the two posts above, easterlies don’t provide much snow for us unless low pressure moving up from the south. This low on Friday looks like staying south of us, could still change though. 2010 did surprise some round here with the cov blob!!! Anyone remember that?

two post above SSIB ?

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hmm, I do tend to do crazy things in the UK storm season. I am now contemplating doing a crazy thing in the UK winter season and driving north-east in order to get some decent snow out of this cold spell.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Just been outside, cold clear and crisp. Good day for a long walk over frozen solid ground. Temps should keep the small amount of snow we've had from melting so not too disheartened tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Hmm, I do tend to do crazy things in the UK storm season. I am now contemplating doing a crazy thing in the UK winter season and driving north-east in order to get some decent snow out of this cold spell.

If I never had work today I would deffo be up for that big time, don't actually have to go too far. 

In the mean time we have a break away area of snow that affected London a few hrs ago making it's steady progress to our thread. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

You lot kill me. manic depressants by the dozens. Glass always bloody empty.

It's not a none event at all. Thurs is for areas north of Birmingham but loads live south of b98. 

Friday's event is stil up for grabs for you guys further north. 

Look at the radar, got a fun day today with record breaking cold and instability so just enjoy it

Appreciate your thoughts but realistically the chances of me personally getting 5cm covering is about as slim as a Cambodian sandwich. I sincerely hope your right but I somehow doubt it.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very cold night with snow showers, Around 2" snow cover here, Currently light moderate snow showers.

Temp -7c with a low of -7.9c

Wind chill -8.7c

Dew P -8.4c

Bitter!

Posted
22 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

If I never had work today I would deffo be up for that big time, don't actually have to go too far. 

In the mean time we have a break away area of snow that affected London a few hrs ago making it's steady progress to our thread. 

Yes I was watching that too ?

Posted
23 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

You should it’s your name !!! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Nothing on the ground here in LE3, just a hard frost :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Eh? End of the week still looks good on the ECM and better on the GFS than it did last night.

bit better, bbc poor again, no mention of Friday, nothing for us tomorrow, maybe odd flurry today