Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Might be a good thing, we will probably stay cold then! 

Otherwise we'd still have a snow warning, or perhaps they are updating them?

Strange all models show snow even the fabled Met app and BBC from Thursday until Saturday be interesting maybe they think it's going to keep going further south.

Posted
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Might be a good thing, we will probably stay cold then! 

Otherwise we'd still have a snow warning, or perhaps they are updating them?

I'd rather get some proper snow out of this cold spell than being cold and dry.

Warning has been extended into Saturday, so forecast doesn't make sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

Light powdery snow just starting here in Edgbaston. I see the forecast for today has just been upgraded with heavy snow forecast between 12 and 3pm today. I think we really are down to nowcasting so who knows what's coming Friday/Saturday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well so far this so called beast from the east is a very over hyped pile of ?. I no it’s early days but give me a good proper north westerly any day over this. Iv seen more from a ten minute shower from that than this rubbish so far

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, skyblusam said:

Looking around the other regional's it seems a lot got well not a lot from the so called polar low further north. Which in my eye's shows how hard it is to predict where and when heavy snow will fall. Enjoy the cold and hope for showers blowing inland as I think that's our best bet. The problem with this so called beast is its been way overhyped by the more knowledgeable in the mod thread. And most probably because there based where snow is more likely to fall. 

I dont think its been overhyped, th mod thread is for the interpretation and discussion of the models. If anything the SSW over delivered as it smashed the Canadian vortex allowing the block progress westerly at pace. Its not over yet. The end of the week could still be epic so for now its a case of sit tight and see

Edited by stokepa31
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Well so far this so called beast from the east is a very over hyped pile of ?. I no it’s early days but give me a good proper north westerly any day over this. Iv seen more from a ten minute shower from that than this rubbish so far

Give it chance mate. Already today has upgraded shows heavy snow in a few hours for Brum and light snow later. Friday, Saturday and Sunday is not yet decided by a long shot so judge it in when we are basking in mild South Westerlies lol. Chin up Snow brings out the frustration in us all just go and take a butcher's in the SE Thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, stokepa31 said:

I dont think its been overhyped, th mod thread is for the interpretation and discussion of the models. If anything the SSW over delivered as it smashed the Canadian vortex allowing the block progress westerly at pace. Its not over yet. The end of the week could still be epic so for now its a case of sit tight and see

Yeah you could be right. Much rather have the fronts make it here and get loads of snow then turning milder than just stay cold and pretty much dry. Just me though

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Give it chance mate. Already today has upgraded shows heavy snow in a few hours for Brum and light snow later. Friday, Saturday and Sunday is not yet decided by a long shot so judge it in when we are basking in mild South Westerlies lol. Chin up Snow brings out the frustration in us all just go and take a butcher's in the SE Thread.

I no yeah just very annoying. I’ll be back later saying loads of snow this is brill lol

Posted

There's a decent band of precipitation that made land over Mablethorpe and heading over Lincolnshire, to Leicestershire then towards Coventry and the eastern side of the West midlands. That should give Coventry a lovely snowy mix in a couple of hours. Looks heavier so shouldn't blow out. It matches with the Met Office apps and BBC forcast for 'heavy snow' around 11 am :)

Clutching at straws maybe, but It's how I see it :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

The lane is white over here. Unfortunately, not enough to justify working from home on my designated office day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

-2 here. Light snow just starting. Beast does not guarantee snow but does increase risk of surprises!     The cold is in place....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Today was the first morning this winter I actually woke up feeling a little cold. My bedroom was 5C  and the rest of the house between 7 and 8C :cold: 

All you guys praying for this cold to last, please spare a thought for those few still without central heating

Edited by swipe
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

Here cometh the toothless 'beast from the east' and bites and and... it tickles :rofl:

Posted
28 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Joke isnt it, how are places like Liverpool doing better in an easterly tha East Mids.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A short spell of moderate snow about an hour ago has given a cover of about 1cm here; just a few flakes drifting down now.

I think we'll have to wait for snow showers moving in from the North Sea for any significant snow as the GFS got the little area of low pressure spot on, moving across northern England, into north Wales and out over the Irish Sea.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it’s snowing moderately here has been for last 15 mins so not sure what’s going to happen now today

Guest Delete Me

Woke up and opened the curtains at 6.30 to find it had snowed quite a lot in Crewe, got to work in Stoke and its still snowing here although all schools are open!

Posted

Everyone dissapointed so far yet the gfs at least has not showed precip in the form of showers covering our region until midday onwards from today so anyone who has had snow far should see it as a good start.

• Like 1

Posted

What should be hitting Leicster now should hit Coventry in an hour, quite a large but light area of snow :)

Then a break, and a heavier band just behind it, both following the Mablethorpe - Leicster - Coventry path. Maybe a new type of streamer ;)