Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
10 minutes ago, carled said:

Not really. As of last night/this morning we were (mostly) under an Amber warning with 5-20cm of snow, depending on local happenings. That all disappeared early this afternoon.

I was watching the warnings changing all day long on the Meto site. They kept appearing and disappearing randomly.

It's best to ignore the models and forecasts now as they are all clueless, and just watch the radar, or look out the window. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well iv just looked out the window to see quite a few biggish flakes blowing around. You never no what might happen tonight tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
6 hours ago, enigma said:

we have had an odd flurry on and off all day here in Corby but it depends on what side of the town you are

It looks like the Oundle/Peterborough area had a fair bit this evening when i checked it on the radar. Don't suppose you know how much they got do you?:laugh:

Supposed to be working 2 night shifts at a care home in Oundle on Wed and Thurs night but bit concerned about the lying snow they may have as my only method of transport is a motorbike and I nearly came off about 3 times during the last snowfall we had in December! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

very very light snow here not settling to be honest it’s nothing special  so much for a record breaking called spell I can’t see we in the West Midlands seeing any snow of note maybe those in the East Midlands me fair better  

Edited by syed2878

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, andy_leics22 said:

It looks like the Oundle/Peterborough area had a fair bit this evening when i checked it on the radar. Don't suppose you know how much they got do you?:laugh:

Supposed to be working 2 night shifts at a care home in Oundle on Wed and Thurs night but bit concerned about the lying snow they may have as my only method of transport is a motorbike and I nearly came off about 3 times during the last snowfall we had in December! 

Hi Andy had some heavy snow showers between 8pm and 10pm In corby probably got 2cm at most just looking out now still the same. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 hour ago, Ian Ballinger said:

looking at the radar, the entire things going to miss us by about 20 mils today

I've had to come out of the NW thread because that system has literally missed me by miles and I'm jealous as anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Woke up to a nice dusting of snow, Met says showers on and off from 10am. Still looking good later in the week BBC says 3 days of snow let's see how correct they are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A tiny dusting this morning but nothing else. Looks like the main band was further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Lots of tiny flakes falling here which are settling well. We could get a good covering if it continues for a while. Looks like ice sugar being sieved over everything.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Arpege still looking Tasty for the Midlands has the Snow kicking of Thursday night. Then it's a conveyer belt of snow until Saturday. Still time for change off course.

arpege-1-69-0.png.1e6caedc386e223ee8bc83dc33bfccb1(2).thumb.png.b6034f3874d46cc3ff2400410a646325.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, wednesburybaz said:

i never even had to scrape the car this morning so no frost in wednesbury at all

Thats more likely to do with the lack of moisture in the air than lack of sub zero temps. Gotta love dry air :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well it’s completely white here so a little surprised, ok it’s only a thin covering but wasn’t expecting it

Posted

woke up to around 0.5cms of snow, but it's white, so everything looks lovely.

I must say I'm surprised at the lack of showers so far, but the winds going to get up and hopefully shove them further this way.

Seems like all the warning areas have changed again, last week had us in the hot spot, just goes to show how difficult it is to forecast snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking around the other regional's it seems a lot got well not a lot from the so called polar low further north. Which in my eye's shows how hard it is to predict where and when heavy snow will fall. Enjoy the cold and hope for showers blowing inland as I think that's our best bet. The problem with this so called beast is its been way overhyped by the more knowledgeable in the mod thread. And most probably because there based where snow is more likely to fall. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office have removed the mention of snow from their text forecasts for the end of the week. :cc_confused:

Might be a good thing, we will probably stay cold then! 

Otherwise we'd still have a snow warning, or perhaps they are updating them?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, skyblusam said:

Looking around the other regional's it seems a lot got well not a lot from the so called polar low further north. Which in my eye's shows how hard it is to predict where and when heavy snow will fall. Enjoy the cold and hope for showers blowing inland as I think that's our best bet. The problem with this so called beast is its been way overhyped by the more knowledgeable in the mod thread. And most probably because there based where snow is more likely to fall. 

Seeing as the beast has really only just arrived, I'm going to give it a bit more of a chance, I think we'll be surprised at some point :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Morning all, the Met Office have just updated Fridays Yellow Warning ⚠️ by extending into Saturday.