Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, BleakMidwinter said:

And now if all the weather could just hold off doing anything difficult until about 1:30am, in the area between Telford and Manchester, it would be appreciated... :)

My chap has just set off for an evening out, with the car suspension groaning under the weight of all the food I've forced him to take with him, cans of coke, and blankets, jumpers, woolly socks, hats, gloves, mittens for over the gloves, waterproof rip-stop nylon sheet, five kilos of dishwasher-salt granules, a shovel, nylon broom, spade, torches, reflective hi-viz armbands with LED lights... 

I am assuming all of it will come back untouched (okay, apart from maybe the coke and the sausage-rolls and the packet of Twixes!) but, well, if he needs any of it, he'll be in a situation where he'll be glad of all of it!

It can deluge with snow, but after 1:30am in the Manchester-to-Telford line please!

Where is going the bloody North pole :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Where is going the bloody North pole :D

Manchester. You know what it's like round there... ;)

I just like to be sure he's got everything he might need, what with me not being alongside as co-pilot as usual. You should see me travelling light :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
7 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

BleakMidWinter - you crack me up! ???

I does me best to oblige, Missus! *:: curtseys meekly::*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
Just now, BleakMidwinter said:

Manchester. You know what it's like round there... ;)

I just like to be sure he's got everything he might need, what with me not being alongside as co-pilot as usual. You should see me traveling light :D

Are bless, wish my wife was as attentive as you..... l'd get a half opened pack cheese and onion crisps if I was lucky and a half hearten wave good bye....See ya!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
15 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Well, easterlies suck here. Friday had better deliver.

Not much better here. Before this spell started, I said I didn't normally have much enthusiasm for easterlies being in Leicester. They're often shower based like this time and they rarely make it far inland with much intensity intact. Plus I just find showers frustrating as you constantly see them go either side of you.

I am trying to be optimistic for the rest of the week though :) Maybe the sheer quantity and persistence of shower will deal a few good direct hits to give a nice coverage. Friday has potential too, but I can see that being downgraded as we get closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

ECM still has the Polar Low affecting the North and West Midlands. Seems to be the only model that does.

bbc does, on their website, but 6 hours ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just down in Oxford till Wednesday visiting family and we've just had a moderate shower that left a dusting! Nice surprise as the showers had been missing us all day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

No snow for the west midlands then apart from a slight dusting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, swipe said:

No snow for the west midlands then apart from a slight dusting?

Tomorrow looked half good in yesterdays runs but it now looks like its shifted further north. May get a spinkle but all eyes to the end of the week for me now for significant possibilities

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

Great ECM for the end of the week, again. Lots of snow.

too far west, over by Sunday

Posted

Man with Beard in models thread suggesting that the 0c uppers line won't cross the channel on Friday so any wet stuff will be all white...

Edited by bearing
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

too far west, over by Sunday

You know its gonna end sometime dont you? Especially in March, least this way goes out with a bang of sorts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

After a few very light feather type flurries through the day we have had a couple of proper snow showers which have left a dusting on surfaces just before night fall. I am hoping that the rest of the week delivers but there could be anything from a cm to a foot in the next week, just depends on shower distribution, whether longer spells of snow hit and more especially what Friday's low chooses to do.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Maximum of 2 degrees over deep snow cover.

better than GFS agree, but Ali1977 in MOD thread, agree was going to last more than just a few days, still could, but on tonights models, all over on Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

better than GFS agree, but Ali1977 in MOD thread, agree was going to last more than just a few days, still could, but on tonights models, all over on Sunday

I agree but yesterday was it not all over by Friday/ Saturday??

Posted

Where is this low tonight meant to be entering England tonight, so I can keep an eye on it on the radar a touch south from what the models are showing could mean snow/no snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It would take something extraordinary to beat December's huge snowfall here, so I've decided I'm not actually as fussed as I usually would be about snow. I'll take a covering if we get it, but I won't worry about missing out on a huge fall. I think I'm really more interested at the chance of experiencing ice days as late as early March, and what for the UK will be a severe wind chill. I still hope those desperately wanting snow get it, but for me there's maybe not the intensity of longing that there would be if December hadn't delivered in spades.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Wadey said:

Where is this low tonight meant to be entering England tonight, so I can keep an eye on it on the radar a touch south from what the models are showing could mean snow/no snow 

Was thinking the same thing tbh, only needs a small shift south for us to get a dump 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
4 minutes ago, Wadey said:

It's showing on radar out over North sea to east of Aberdeen.

Edited by Bradowl