Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

So do we believe the models, the BBC and the Met Office written forecasts, or the Met Office video forecasts? ?

8E48D98B-B9CB-4540-9928-1F813A126DA3.png

None. Just the lamp post.

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Chunky Flake said:

Suns out here load the gun :wallbash:

total agony for me . Heavy snow reported whilst all I get is next doors fag ash blowing over the fence. 

Either you're overreacting or need to manage your expectations better.

'Agony' over the fact you haven't seen heavy snow on a day in which light snowfall was forecast for Eastern areas?

We were never forecast to get anything substantial today so I'm not sure why you're so disheartened?

We should be looking to tomorrow morning and Friday if we want to see anything notable.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Seems the same to me moderate to light snow tomorrow. Heavy snow Thursday night until Saturday. No noticeable change. Tonight the models should start to nail down the track of the low.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Nothing of note here just bits and peeces of snow blowing about now and then. met have yellow warning from 1600 to 23:55 today and tomorrow we are under an amber and yellow warning so I suppose it's waight and see what comes.

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Seems the same to me moderate to light snow tomorrow. Heavy snow Thursday night until Saturday. No noticeable change. Tonight the models should start to nail down the track of the low.

Showers seem to becoming for on a north Easterly Angle now?.  Bitter out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Snow is falling and heavy at that :D

Temps currently at - 0.3

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Showers seem to becoming for on a north Easterly Angle now?.  Bitter out there

T shirt weather weirpig.....Wait until Thursday

69-290UK_lhu6.GIF

Posted

UK must be the only part of the world where you can have -13 uppers, -6 dew point, air temperature below freezing and the ground frozen, and still not get settling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

UK must be the only part of the world where you can have -13 uppers, -6 dew point, air temperature below freezing and the ground frozen, and still not get settling snow.

We're getting towards march so the strength of the sun is significantly higher than it would be in Jan for example, even through the cloud. Even with sub zero temps, the sun can still directly evaporate the snow.

Plus don't forget a lot of roads/paths have been salted / gritted - best to look at grass and walls.

In other news, if you want some hype, use the MeteoGroup forecast. They're a big forecasting agency just like Met Office, so they should be reputable... They provide the BBC with their forecasts.

25mm of precipitation tomorrow, according to them. That's a good amount of snow.

bNQBGSn.png

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Could it be due to the wind blowing them about once it hits the ground which actually warms them out though? Maybe they need to just settle in a single spot without disturbance and have others settle on them and build up so to speak. Just an idea, though I could be wrong there. Should get colder with time anyway which will make it more resilient.

Posted

Actually forget that as there are reports of areas which are even accumulating dusting, which are thawing away. Strength of the Sun at the time of year is clearly the issue but obviously a more substantial covering would fare a lot better in these synoptics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

2nd snow flurry of the day 

Posted

Just coming to the end of forty minutes or so of moderate (and occasionally heavy) snow, which happily settled right away.

Currently -0.5°C with a dp of -3.9°C

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

We should remember not much was forecast today so this is a bonus - also we did have a heavy shower it settled readily, a longer shower or a few in succession would certainly settle. This pic is uni of bham after a heavy shower about 30 mins ago

73C6993B-E0F9-446C-B545-9288EB5C6E6C.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Icon  Brings the Low  Way North  puts it nearly in Liverpool  then puts us under quite heavy rain later on.   Lol  to be fair though  only has us under -6dp for that period.

Edited by weirpig

Posted

BBC regional forecast showed only showers tomorrow. No Polar Low. Starting to think I might have to wait until the end of the week for anything decent. Bit embarassing after hyping up this cold spell to everyone I know....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Diamond Joe said:

amber warning for west midlands tonight/tomorrow shifted significantly and not in a good way still under Yellow though

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=wm&date=2018-02-27&regionType=area

That still not as far West as i Thought!   Interesting

• Like 1