IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
19 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

I have to agree with you there.

Nothing like the old symbols IMO.

1987 style but -3c max shown on 3 days in the west is as impressive as it gets.

yes, was the best,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
4 minutes ago, bearing said:

I always assumed there should be impartiality in there.  Thought the 'come to me blizzard conditions' were meant for the regional threads.  There's always some southerner saying something about a 'correction' in other words the model they're posting is suiting their location.  Bloomin' bunch of IMBYs...

I wish someone in there would explain the use of "correction" - because if it means the models said A, then switched to B, then changed back again to A, then saying the models have corrected to A would be perfectly fine... 

I *think* that's what they mean - most of the cases I've seen seem to be that situation, but nobody ever actually explains it, do they? 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Should be -10 by now

Thanks. I've just been out with the dog. He wasn't impressed! It feels quite cold in the breezier spots. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Raining in Aberdeen :wallbash:

Midlands? or Aberdeen in Scotland, was meant to rain a bit kind of to introduce the beast, beast behind that, early hours it arrives

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

not graphics wise though! 90's were best and before 2005

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

So hows thursday night into friday looking for the west midlands??

Still a bit early to say with great confidence. The charts currently suggest snow - and lots of it - but details won't be firmed up until closer to the time.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Still a bit early to say with great confidence. The charts currently suggest snow - and lots of it - but details won't be firmed up until closer to the time.

Bish

Cheers bish

Heres hoping coventry and birmingham get plastered with snow!!

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

I wish someone in there would explain the use of "correction" - because if it means the models said A, then switched to B, then changed back again to A, then saying the models have corrected to A would be perfectly fine... 

I *think* that's what they mean - most of the cases I've seen seem to be that situation, but nobody ever actually explains it, do they? 

I might ask... :D

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

She's my favourite ?

Tbh my favourite bbc forecaster is Thomaz shafanacker not sure how to spell it though , used to be rob mcelwe again can’t spell ?

• Like 2

Posted

this was legendary, same time of week too! too much to ask for a repeat? early to tell yet though

archives-2013-1-18-12-0.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

IF that comes off, it would be a truly major event. Full on blizzards for the most densely populated areas of the UK during the working week, including places where it doesn’t snow very often. Could even be a spell of freezing rain in the south. Surely red warnings. London is awful even in a small fall of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Shefali Oza is an excellent presenter as well.

Bish

Nar she is crap at the weather I think, always in a rush and just awful, each to there own I suppose 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

IF that comes off, it would be a truly major event. Full on blizzards for the most densely populated areas of the UK during the working week, including places where it doesn’t snow very often. Could even be a spell of freezing rain in the south. Surely red warnings. London is awful even in a small fall of snow.

Oh I like the sound of that, bloody model thred annoys me so up and down but stil I get sucked in

Posted
2 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Nar she is crap at the weather I think, always in a rush and just awful, each to there own I suppose 

lol to be honest I was just trying to wind up 'Atlantic 252'...............he's not exactly her greatest fan for some reason, IIRC :D

Bish

Posted
1 minute ago, Bishop Brennan said:

lol to be honest I was just trying to wind up 'Atlantic 252'...............he's not exactly her greatest fan for some reason, IIRC :D

Bish

Glad u said that I thought I was going to offend u, I can’t stand that Ben rich guy either, come to think of it non of the midlands ones are any good

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Glad u said that I thought I was going to offend u, I can’t stand that Ben rich guy either, come to think of it non of the midlands ones are any good

Don’t get me started on jay Wynn ?

Posted
10 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

ICON brings snow much further north than 12z. Heaviest snow in North Midlands

image.png

would say NW England really, not a great chart that