Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

cool, SS posted it in SSW cold spell thread, end of the week though feel track will be SE of here

That's another system at the end of the week, pushing up from the south. High uncertainty on that as you'd expect but BBC highlighted that too.

BCC56082-261F-4693-BE54-D6E684E960F5.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

18Z looks further South, better for us, kink in it too! 

gfs-0-114.png?18prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
9 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Let’s just wait and see but if we don’t get snow next week there’s something seriously wrong

Oh I’m 99% sure we’ll see snow, what I’m less confident on is that we’ll get much, i.e anything more than a couple of cm’s.

Plenty of time for things to change yet though. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

Oh I’m 99% sure we’ll see snow, what I’m less confident on is that we’ll get much, i.e anything more than a couple of cm’s.

Plenty of time for things to change yet though. 

Even if we only get a few centimetres it'll be sticking around, there won't be a quick thaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

dumb dumber type here ? 

if t'beast goes sarf as gfs is plotting do we midlundas get less snow than them darn in Lundan? 

Edited by TyphoonNow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still a bit north for us, but GFS 18Z for Tuesday, don't expect it to come much further South for a legendary fall, but still looks okay

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

The snowstorm shown on BBC weather was enormous we will truly be under feet of snow by then, if it happens of course, but very likely we will see snow this week :)  

Posted

too much imbyism in mod threadz. Sarf snow fest. are they all southerners in there? ? 

good for them if they get plasteted. bad for us getting our supplies though of sardines and humbugs. 

Edited by TyphoonNow

Posted
12 minutes ago, TyphoonNow said:

too much imbyism in mod threadz. Sarf snow fest. are they all southerners in there? 

We should be in a favourable spot for some decent snow next week, looking at similar events of recent times (2010, 2013)

Gotta remember that those lot down south see snow alot less than even our region does, and its not all that common here 

NW Radar Archive

005.JPG

006.JPG

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted

nice snow pics. if only it's 30 November 2010 again coming up it'll be a grand do

Posted

Snow showers should push right across our region, most frequent in the east. That east flow looks very strong and unstable.

More widespread snow showers during Tuesday as a trough moves SW from the north east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Can't see much here it's rare we get good snowfalls from Easterlies. Chance of a few flurries Tuesday. And that Massive Low pressure system for the beginning of March would bury the Midlands but past history tells us it will head South into France hope I am wrong and we get a direct hit. But still looking forward to Ice says and deep frosts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm finding this so much more relaxing than I thought I would. I'm pretty sure it's because of the mammoth December snowfall here. Even if I barely see a flake, this winter will still have had a truly memorable snow event. I'm guessing this doesn't apply so much for those Midlanders who saw far less in December. I'd be fine with you guys getting the lion's share this time. :)

• Like 1

Posted

What??????? If this comes off will it be a National Disaster or National Nirvana?

prectypeuktopo-19.png.4ac7b99ab1490a40d84e18c81591563e.png

186-574UK_xpv7.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone know if salt will even work on the roads with some very heavy snow possible and such cold temperatures??

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

First met office warnings out for monday and tuesday..west midlands are out of the warning area..?

For now, but expect the warning to upgrade because its still too early for the details about where snow is going to be exactly, personally I think we could do quite good Monday onwards  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Yes, I am not overly optimistic about snow chances for the Midlands, but I am ready to book an Air BnB somewhere on the east Yorks coast/Kent if there looks like being a really severe fall (red warning territory).

Yes  as ever we shall see.  it is good however to see a Wash streamer setting up on the NMM  high res  Model     and surprises i dare say will pop up 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it down to -4.9 °C last night; now a degree or so above freezing. Looks like being a nicer day than yesterday, though. :)

Posted

The models now starting the showers monday night into tuesday onwards becomming more widespread looks like we could do well from that and then end of next week if that low does edge up from the south we could be in for a real treat!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi Guys,,,

Interesting times for next week.

I think we may end up with scattered snow showers on Monday with some heavier ones around on Tuesday and Wednesday.

However it is the cold that interests me.

We currently have uppers around +4C.Yet last night I dropped to a minimum of -5.8C (DP -8.5C). 

Even at 08:00 it was still -4.0C.

Seems to be a bit of scattered cloud now from the East. and we are just above freezing at +0.8C, however the DP is still at  -2,2C so no thawing of the frost in the shade as yet.

Does this give us any clues for when we have -15C uppers and 20mph winds in the middle of next week?

It is going to be blxxdy cold for us all. Look after every one around you, including the wild life. 

It may be of interest but I am a follower of the Rutland Osprey project...

The birds will be setting off to come back to the UK from Central Africa shortly.

Will they delay? Otherwise I can see nowhere they will be able to fish!

It could be disastrous for the Ospreys.

Lets hope they are good at spotting and forecasting the weather, and stay south.

At least better than the MO?:D  

MIA 

• Like 1