Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Dont know if it always been this  has havnt been keeping an eye on met office   however it say  3cm low levels  5-10 above 200 metres   interesting

Thats an upgrade i think!!is that for just the west mids!!

Posted
Just now, shaky said:

Thats an upgrade i think!!is that for just the west mids!!

Morning  Shaky.  Its a broadbrush   Dosent state particular areas just those in the warningzone.  Furthest east in this patch is around wolves   Stats 1-3 cm inland  possibly sleet/rain by the coasts  5-10cm inland over the hills  200m   as always  radar watching

Posted
17 minutes ago, shaky said:

Theres talk over on TWO of a potentially disruptive amber warning event for snow across midlands thursday!!dunno how much of it to believe though!!

have no idea were they are getting that from.  Does the Fax charts show anything fro that period?.  the only thing i can see at the moment is cold rain  for then.

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Few light snow showers in northants now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

All this imo has been massively over hyped on the model discussion it’s just an average cold winter week. In my experience unless the actual forecasts on bbc states very cold weather it doesn’t actually happen just the slightest thing gets hyped on here. Sorry to moan it’s just a little annoying 

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at the latest charts and graphics I’m still expecting snow showers tomorrow morning/afternoon but mostly in the West Midlands area. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
3 hours ago, shaky said:

Theres talk over on TWO of a potentially disruptive amber warning event for snow across midlands thursday!!dunno how much of it to believe though!!

2 hours ago, weirpig said:

have no idea were they are getting that from.  Does the Fax charts show anything fro that period?.  the only thing i can see at the moment is cold rain  for then.

Maybe they are looking at the NMM for Thursday night into Friday morning

viewimage.thumb.png.5319995d9fd83be68b2f5922256b179a.png

I am not going to start getting excited unless it is still showing once it gets into high resolution, but it shows that there are possibilities.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
5 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I am not going to start getting excited unless it is still showing once it gets into high resolution, but it shows that there are possibilities.

Yep i noticed that  Something to keep an eye i suppose  and there are a few days for a few upgrades   as you say i awit when it gets into the time for the Euro 4 Hirlam etc.

Posted

Onto the Arome  at the moment the run is just up to where the front meets the Northwest  However compared to its last run it is more organised   lets see if its enough to push a across the region 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Thats the one mate!!looks exactly how the guy on two described it aswell with snow for south yorks and midlands!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Thats the one mate!!looks exactly how the guy on two described it aswell with snow for south yorks and midlands!

To me, that looks like a high ground event, Peaks and Pennines

Posted

MMM  Gfs  still showing a rain to snow event Friday Morning.   Something to watch  it might not come to nothing  put the front is much  more organised then Tomorrows front   

Posted
9 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

How is tomorrow looking snow wise. I'm just to the west of Wolverhampton.

Id Leave your skies at home.    i would have though possibly a few cm of snow    more falling snow then anything  However if you do get stranded  its not my fault and im not picking you up ;)

Posted
1 hour ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

GFS 12z shows the weather front stalling and holding out in the midands for longer compared to the 6z and other models. Snow for up to 12 hours, from 12:00 to 00:00 over the West Midlands and 9 hours over eastern parts. Unlikely to hold out for that long, expect the preciptation to fizzle out as other models are showing.

image.png

That looks like it now keeps good intensity till it gets to east anglia!!

Posted

Euro4 12z. Still shows hardly anything settling. I don’t know how that is possible with air temp, dew point and surface temp all below freezing.

C6FC7545-0F0F-4872-A03F-93AF389B9514.jpeg

C9AC0798-7A91-4792-ABB6-913195B9D973.jpeg

C6F9C387-3560-4E9C-90EF-D10433C5354F.jpeg

Posted
15 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Euro4 12z. Still shows hardly anything settling. I don’t know how that is possible with air temp, dew point and surface temp all below freezing.

C6FC7545-0F0F-4872-A03F-93AF389B9514.jpeg

C9AC0798-7A91-4792-ABB6-913195B9D973.jpeg

C6F9C387-3560-4E9C-90EF-D10433C5354F.jpeg

It is strange. We shall see good euro 4 to look st though.  Hirlam is decent aswell 

Edited by weirpig