Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Indeed, there is still snow in sheltered patches, a very icy snow but it hasn't washed away as much as I thought. Conditons aren't nice though with the grass being waterlogged.

Still a covering here but a lot of surface water too. Vile. Air temp around 2'C.

I remember when I was at uni there was one time we had six inches of snow on the ground and it hammered it down with rain constantly for 2 days. None of the snow melted. The rain just froze ontop of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A balmy 6.0'C here, just a bit of slush left here and there, otherwise very damp and foggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still just below freezing here with everything covered in glaze after an hour and half of freezing rain this afternoon. ( including my t.v dish which, as a consequence, has lost its signal )  7cm of lying snow after a maximum depth of 9cm around 1300. There was already 4.5cm lying before today's snow so about 4.5cm today.

Posted

Misty and murky 

but another 2 good mornings of falling snow to watch , really has been plenty of falling snow this winter , and one good cold spell in mid December, a good 8/9 weeks of snow potential 12/13 for falling snow so I reckon could end up a very good winter

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, nobble said:

Misty and murky 

but another 2 good mornings of falling snow to watch , really has been plenty of falling snow this winter , and one good cold spell in mid December, a good 8/9 weeks of snow potential 12/13 for falling snow so I reckon could end up a very good winter

same here, we've now had 6 days of snow falling and settling (even though 4 were a dusting) I think ther reast of the winter will be just as good :-)

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Here is that ecm chart. Of course way out. But something to talk about  during this Benin period . Absolutely perfect 

IMG_1223.PNG

The way our luck has gone it's a dead cert ❄️❄️❄️??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Can’t believe how much milder it’s becoming. Almost 9*C now, lol. Thought it felt warmer when I went for a walk about an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Here is that ecm chart. Of course way out. But something to talk about  during this Benin period . Absolutely perfect 

IMG_1223.PNG

Maybe more snow for us midlanders.....10 days out I know... some of us have done well this winter, could it be saving the best until last. 

4AC6966C-CC42-41AD-85C6-F20A3892A42E.jpeg

Posted

Advection fog forming as milder, moist air moves over the still cold ground. Some patches of snow remain.

7A618F76-27AC-407E-9912-E2B568C4F9DE.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
23 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Can’t believe how much milder it’s becoming. Almost 9*C now, lol. Thought it felt warmer when I went for a walk about an hour ago.

Popped up the road for a pint earlier:drinks: I thought that myself, had to unzipp my coat on the way home.

The Northwest hanging on in there.

temp_uk_ela1.png

EDIT....If only :D

temp_nor_qbe0.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Popped up the road for a pint earlier:drinks: I thought that myself, had to unzipp my coat on the way home.

temp_uk_ela1.png

may as well be 12 degrees, looks the same! snow's gone

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

temp_uk_ela1.png

Yeah, wasn’t expecting it to become that mild (at least not yet) despite the warmer upper air having moved over us. 

And would you look at that, a -3*C showing their for Central/Eastern Scotland. ?

What an extraordinary day it has been!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Yeah, wasn’t expecting it to become that mild (at least not yet) despite the warmer upper air having moved over us. 

And would you look at that, a -3*C showing their for Central/Eastern Scotland. ?

What an extraordinary day it has been!

I'd say the weekend in general....Blimey I'm back in tomorrow where's it gone:search::D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I'd say the weekend in general....Blimey I'm back in tomorrow where's it gone:search::D

Ar bless! :) 

It’s gone that quick it’s almost like it never happened ?❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Yes I went into the gym at 8.30 and it was 4c and left and it was 8c in the space of an hour. Crazy warm up. Great weekend of weather though.

Posted

Can't believe on Facebook I'm seeing people talking about Spring and the longer days and increasing solar influence making anymore cold weather less likely. Why do people come out with this rubbish every mid January? The UK's coldest weather often occurs late winter or even early spring!  Also see people saying they can't wait for warm weather. There are months and months ahead for warm weather. The window of opportunity for cold and snow is relatively tiny! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Can't believe on Facebook I'm seeing people talking about Spring and the longer days and increasing solar influence making anymore cold weather less likely. Why do people come out with this rubbish every mid January? The UK's coldest weather often occurs late winter or even early spring!  Also see people saying they can't wait for warm weather. There are months and months ahead for warm weather. The window of opportunity for cold and snow is relatively tiny! :wallbash:

I agree, I see the same thing too and I get your frustration, but lets just ignore them, we don't need to let them bring us down, we can enjoy more snow that surely Feb and quite possibly March will bring us :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still plenty of snow  lying  here despite the temperature rising to around 5c yesterday evening and remaining around 4c for the rest of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Not me, even with my mild bias

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

5c this morning. As expected total thaw after warm up. 

Onwards! What's coming up next? :)