Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

Stunning sunrise just now... One of those colourful undersides of clouds jobs that looks spectacular when reflected off icy snow. Never managed to photograph it but seen it and it's one of the sights I'll never forget.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 7
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

Doesn't look like there's been much more in the way of snowfall overnight but there's still plenty of cloud around yet! Roads are clear and a wee breeze picking up now, so Baltic oot! I see the radar has a few showers lot west so possibility of more white stuff to come! Happy days! 

PS...what's it like in the model thread? Anyone ready to emigrate yet? ??? 

I'll! Just when I thought the snaw shields were intact, room it comes again! ❄❄❄

Edited by mistyqueen
3 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Doesn't look like there's been much more in the way of snowfall overnight but there's still plenty of cloud around yet! Roads are clear and a wee breeze picking up now, so Baltic oot! I see the radar has a few showers lot west so possibility of more white stuff to come! Happy days! 

PS...what's it like in the model thread? Anyone ready to emigrate yet? ???

MT is the usual hungover misery after cold gets delayed by another week for southern UK.

I thought you'd have been buried this morning! How are the hills looking?

Glad some of you guys in the West have been seeing something this weekend in the pics:good:.

We have had hee haw in Perth area all weekend. It's just been cold. Think the most likely chance we have here is tomorrow but looking at the Euro4 this morning its looking like it will be rain here due to temps, but we can live in hope.

Currently 0C/-1C

11 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

MT is the usual hungover misery after cold gets delayed by another week for southern UK.

I thought you'd have been buried this morning! How are the hills looking?

• Hills look pretty but I wouldn't want to be up there! :cold:

Sunny, frosty, still cold but not a hint of snow. Temp -1C.

39 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Stunning sunrise just now... One of those colourful undersides of clouds jobs that looks spectacular when reflected off icy snow. Never managed to photograph it but seen it and it's one of the sights I'll never forget.

Sunrise was not spectacular hereabouts, but there were some nice clouds. This lenticular had started to fragment by the time I was organised and out and about.

5a8152a59a5ad_lentcl05.thumb.jpg.10c9c6a200c0dd806afbe4207c1b3582.jpg

• Like 3

Just had another wee dusting there, and as fast as the snaw arrives, it disappears! Ach well, it'll be like that the rest of the day so I best go and feed chooks and ducks before I get caught up in radar watching! 

1 hour ago, Cheggers said:

Decided against it. Took an hour just to get to outside Glasgow. Was not going to make 10am meeting in Liverpool, so turned around.

I made it down the m74. The roads around Glasgow were bad at 6am with snow on all roads. 74 wasn't bad, just the outside lane covered  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I made it down the m74. The roads around Glasgow were bad at 6am with snow on all roads. 74 wasn't bad, just the outside lane covered  

I saw on Cam's it was one lane, so thought 3 hours to Liverpool was asking a bit much, so just headed back up M73 and back to office. Will try again next week, with a Liverpool to Hull trip thrown in for interest.

• Like 1

Aye amazing sunrise as others have pointed out, was in Inverness and had the huge pinky/orange back round while snow started to fall from the west, really something. Not much more overnight, low of -7c, nice to see everywhere white down to the sea

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

I saw on Cam's it was one lane, so thought 3 hours to Liverpool was asking a bit much, so just headed back up M73 and back to office. Will try again next week, with a Liverpool to Hull trip thrown in for interest.

Yeah good plan, there were another couple of showers inbound just as I left the house  so I think I made it down at the best time between the showers. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Snowing again, and quite heavy. Showers lining up on the radar

image.thumb.png.5daadbb8a1ef086a7563c85452edec66.png

Hmmm.......Wonder if we will get a wee bit lucky here in Fife?   That looks like a nice streamer on the radar.   Wonder if it has enough  oomph to get across to here.   I should know shortly if it's a hit or a miss!

• Like 1

Nice morning here, got about 6cm overnight. Kids are off school today and tomorrow for the mid term break so they are outside having fun just now :)

BBC forecast looks good for tomorrow, rush hour could be chaos though if it comes off!

80E40252-6AB3-4F9E-8641-E72EA3D3138F.thumb.png.742e2963945835a25211dc52465216d3.png

52F009A5-17EB-4549-A120-C1008AB08ACD.thumb.png.51cce41fe8597decacf1563d27455f3f.png

271088D8-3916-40E1-8E2E-03349E31E340.thumb.png.052d466929b171048ba9a941373fe146.png

Loving this winter! 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Nice morning here, got about 6cm overnight. Kids are off school today and tomorrow for the mid term break so they are outside having fun just now :)

BBC forecast looks good for tomorrow, rush hour could be chaos though if it comes off!

80E40252-6AB3-4F9E-8641-E72EA3D3138F.thumb.png.742e2963945835a25211dc52465216d3.png

52F009A5-17EB-4549-A120-C1008AB08ACD.thumb.png.51cce41fe8597decacf1563d27455f3f.png

271088D8-3916-40E1-8E2E-03349E31E340.thumb.png.052d466929b171048ba9a941373fe146.png

Loving this winter! 

Aberdeen snow shield in full effect I see. 

The seemingly never endless winter rolls on. More snaw on the ground (although not a deep cover) What a cracking winter it's ended up (and still not done yet either)

• Like 3

It's a stunning day in the far south-east, but very cold in the stiff westerly breeze:

20180212_084937.thumb.jpg.8de6f4457c6b2048039e14b6fec63b07.jpg

Tomorrow looks awesome for some folk, just beware that both the GFS and Euro4 split the heaviest precip north and south of the Clyde-Forth isthmus:

Screenshot_20180212-102013.thumb.jpg.a0bb8b733c18695331b157fc82aa6970.jpg

• Like 2

Been quite unlucky with the frontal stuff of late around this neck of the woods, either skirting north or south or splitting around us, hopefully it corrects the other way tomorrow and the precipitation fills in over the central belt