Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

This next blob moving in from the WEST:rofl: looks a bit more substantial.

Edit: Actually looking at the current trajectory it will probably miss here Doh!

Edited by Kayemill

Snaw showers on and of al day here with a covering of about 3 inches from last night temps are below freezing at -0.4c so everything is sticking just noticed its back on again 

• Like 1

Went down to the harbour in the last shower on some pretext or other (vis Capt Oates NOT) and both of us looked like snowmen (ahem snowpeople if you don't mind) after 5 mins. Settling a bit now so there's no excuse for anywhere not to have snow (prob except @Ravelin and @Hawesy and thereabouts).

• Like 3

Steady snow on for the last ten minutes mostly grauple with a change to larger flakes now .There also appears to a subtle change from a westerly wind to  a more north of west direction beefing up the showers as they cross the Firth. Currently 0.5c

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, aggy said:

Anytime the intensity gets going and it’s starting to stick it stops ?

I still think you’ll get a cm or 2 tonight. I’m in two minds about that, on the one hand I’ll be delighted if you get a measurable snowfall. On the other it would leave me alone as the sole snowless regular on the thread.

:D

9 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

I still think you’ll get a cm or 2 tonight. I’m in two minds about that, on the one hand I’ll be delighted if you get a measurable snowfall. On the other it would leave me alone as the sole snowless regular on the thread.

Don’t u worry u will always be my snowless buddy ?

21 minutes ago, Duncan McAlister said:

Tbh I hope it stops for a while now til darkness so when we get a fresh fall it's on near-freezing surfaces :cold:

I never know what I want in these situations ?

Constent snaw on and of here for the past 2 hours after last nights falls and todays stuff the total so far is 4 inches give a take a mm temps have also droped to -1.3c its a winter wonderland up here not sure what the totals will be tommorrow morning if this keeps up over a foot maybe 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Went down to the harbour in the last shower on some pretext or other (vis Capt Oates NOT) and both of us looked like snowmen (ahem snowpeople if you don't mind) after 5 mins. Settling a bit now so there's no excuse for anywhere not to have snow (prob except @Ravelin and @Hawesy and thereabouts).

Ha, got a few flakes falling here now, but by the looks the radar the blob is breaking up so not likely to be much more than that. Need more, stronger, blobs!

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, igloo said:

Constent snaw on and of here for the past 2 hours after last nights falls and todays stuff the total so far is 4 inches give a take a mm temps have also droped to -1.3c its a winter wonderland up here not sure what the totals will be tommorrow morning if this keeps up over a foot maybe 

25cm hopefully 

Ok... so what is a good direction for the snow-starved south-easterners - (if you'll forgive me for that horrible lumping collective) is it north-east, a straight east, or south-east, all other conditions being equal, which they never will be...?