Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, More Snow said:

What a horrid morning it is, my snaws been washed away by rain :nonono:and now its school run time and its smashing it down with a right old mix of pish..

Sometimes a cold icy dry morning ain't so bad after all :)

48 minutes ago, More Snow said:

What a horrid morning it is, my snaws been washed away by rain :nonono:and now its school run time and its smashing it down with a right old mix of pish..

Aye, the mix of pish I've just driven through between Kemnay and Fraserburgh. Some really heavy, but very wet, snow between Oldmeldrum and Methlick. Just about lying at times and I'd it had been a degree or so colder it could have been a lot more difficult. Wet and blowing a hoolie up in the NE corner of Aberdeenshire. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Aye, the mix of pish I've just driven through between Kemnay and Fraserburgh. Some really heavy, but very wet, snow between Oldmeldrum and Methlick. Just about lying at times and I'd it had been a degree or so colder it could have been a lot more difficult. Wet and blowing a hoolie up in the NE corner of Aberdeenshire. 

Pretty much the same here too on my run down to fort william.. 

20 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Indeed 1c lower and it would be blizzards and inches of snow but instead of that we have slushfest...

Yes wind has moved round to the North and the temp has gone up 2.5 degrees compared with yesterday at the same time.

Maybe warmer but that wind blows right through you.

Never mind a wintry outlook for the foreseeable?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

And now me slush is melting. dam February and its longer days and stronger sun. :rofl:

Stronger sun / longer days doesn't really become such an issue here until mid March, as you'll discover next week :whistling:

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Stronger sun / longer days doesn't really become such an issue here until mid March, as you'll discover next week :whistling:

Aye and even March can be properly in the freezer, March 05 was memorable when I was commuting back and forth to Kincraig for weeks, often -18c for the journey, warming up to a max of -5c, Sun? what sun??

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

"As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger" is the saying !

Aye, unfortunately that takes in summer as well!:D

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Aye and even March can be properly in the freezer, March 05 was memorable when I was commuting back and forth to Kincraig for weeks, often -18c for the journey, warming up to a max of -5c, Sun? what sun??

What do they say about march in like a lion out like a lamb march 2013 if my memory serves me right was the coldest for 100 years i had 7ft drifts for 3 weeks with arran near oblituated

Edited by igloo
  • Like 3
37 minutes ago, igloo said:

What do they say about march in like a lion out like a lamb march 2013 if my memory serves me right was the coldest for 100 years i had 7ft drifts for 3 weeks with arran near oblituated

Best snowfall for me for a long, long time was in March 2006.... was it the 12th/13th?..... a ridiculous amount of snow fell..... took me back to the 80s and some of the classics!!:cold:

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

March 2013. That is all. :cold:

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, igloo said:

Aye that was something else, surely one of the most dramatic snowstorms to hit Scotland in recent years.. was camping on Arran last year and chatting with a local about it, craziest snow in their memory, not nice if you don't like getting cut-off for days, bliss if you do!

• Like 1