Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

20 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Have to say, the Euro 4 is still looking very respectable for tomorrow. The MetO have issued their warning aswell but they are only going for 1-2 inches on ground above 200m and any snow to low levels being mainly overnight rather than from the showers that pile in during the morning. The last time I checked there was more marginality present during the night before conditions became more favourable during the morning for snow to lower levels. Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious but they are certainly playing it down a bit. 

IMG_7923.thumb.PNG.cd9d132fa6955202f0c4b6c59c0dfe3f.PNG

IMG_7924.thumb.PNG.794690bfa25ef64dfbb65bcaf6378f68.PNG

IMG_7925.thumb.PNG.85e584313957bd917eb1cc2d4613923a.PNG

They must have inside info cos it's not what I am seeing either :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 2
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

They must have inside info cos it's not what I am seeing either :)

Agree with both of you. Roughly speaking the window of opportunity looks to be from around 0300-1200 tomorrow before it then becomes the wrong side of marginal at low levels in the afternoon.

Dont think that it will approach the January 1984-style Tuesday of a couple of weeks back but some will be in for a pleasant surprise!

• Like 8

I don’t think I will see much snow here tomorrow but the GFS is showing some decent PM blasts throughout the last couple of runs pretty similar to what we had a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the GFS picked up on that well over a week before it happend. Winter is not over for us in Scotland, plenty more snow on the way for us, starting tomorrow for some!

• Like 3

Temp dropping through the day here, down from 7.5C to 3.5C according to the car. Being a VW, it never lies.

Due to go to Stirling on the train tomorrow - and home. Last time I did this, the train broke down at Dalwhinnie.

• Like 5

Sideways heavyish snow now. Good thing is the ground is dry, the road is white already after only a minute. Didn't expect that this morning.

Edited by grifter
  • Like 2

Everything covered here, really heavy shower just passed through and I reckon there's coming up for 1cm judging from looking from the bedroom window. Plenty showers on the radar too 

IMG_7942.PNG

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 1