Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion - 16/01/2018 Onwards

1 hour ago, Ruzzi said:

Seems the snow showing for next week has creeped forward a little, now showing as starting around T123. Very fine margins though and very slight corrections could see it go pear shaped 

IMG_7898.thumb.PNG.c3af9b376d67534dee4adf0b555cd384.PNG

IMG_7895.thumb.PNG.a8f92bfc4eed18958c6c961fc6ef29cd.PNG

IMG_7896.thumb.PNG.628421afa8b59966a5bcacd6a6797e9c.PNG

IMG_7897.thumb.PNG.fbb287a199cb1435eae3fc389752b121.PNG

IMG_7899.thumb.PNG.c809a555145c2eb2f18b4e6d7df43bdb.PNG

Nailded on as I'm away with work again :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will get lost amid the avalanche of posts....scuse the pun. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN 7 AND A BIT YEARS I HAVE A MEASURABLE SNOWFALL!  Only a cm mind but a landmar

Let's just start with the money shot - both the ECM and the GFS agree that, as of Wednesday 12pm, the upper air temperatures will be sitting at -14/-15C over most of Scotland, the wind will be pretty

We had a bit of a struggle to get to the hospital this morning, the bus was 20 mins late and the taxi got fed up waiting and had gone. But we got there and hubby had the op, it's not cancer it's just

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Well that was a jolly nice surprise... Ms HC served up veggie haggis, neaps, mash and sprouts, all very welcome. Yum.

Still cold out.

Sprouts served wi the chieftain o the puddin'-race?*

That's an arrestable offence.

Unless she subsequently redeemed hersel by pouring you a wee dram...

Some hae meat and canna eat,

And some wad eat that want it,

But we hae meat and we can eat,

Sae let the Lord be Thanket!

Slàinte tae all!

---

*I think it was only in 2007 that veggie haggis became legal.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, scottish skier said:

Sprouts served wi the chieftain o the puddin'-race?*

That's an arrestable offence.

Unless she subsequently redeemed hersel by pouring you a wee dram...

Some hae meat and canna eat,

And some wad eat that want it,

But we hae meat and we can eat,

Sae let the Lord be Thanket!

Slàinte tae all!

---

*I think it was only in 2007 that veggie haggis became legal.

Not much tradition chez HC, getting anything described as haggis at all is good going. Hers tasted better than some others I've been served when eating out.

No dram, getting through a bottle of Josmeyer pinot gris - a surprisingly tasty little number and well matched with haggis.

Lol. You boiling yet? :p

9 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Not much tradition chez HC, getting anything described as haggis at all is good going. Hers tasted better than some others I've been served when eating out.

No dram, getting through a bottle of Josmeyer pinot gris - a surprisingly tasty little number and well matched with haggis.

Lol. You boiling yet? :p

If not this'll do it. Haggis is best served with a big dollop of Reggae Reggae sauce, it goes very well with it. Fusion cooking? :rofl:

• Like 1
On 1/23/2018 at 20:58, CatchMyDrift said:

Any snow left? 

Bits and bobs in edges and under sheltered spots.  Not completely gone yet....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

oh the petty playground nature of the nut house this morning...:rofl:

After the morning I've had in work, and the state of some colleagues, I'm going to venture into the mod thread for some sanity:rofl:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Well that was a jolly nice surprise... Ms HC served up veggie haggis, neaps, mash and sprouts, all very welcome. Yum.

Still cold out.

Haggis is served with mince around these parts.

Anyway.......anither braw day aroon' Fife............Chilly tho' at just 2.8c.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Fine day today with no wind and sunny periods. Currently 3.5c 

Yesterday however started with a dawn frost that must have produced a lot of black ice because wherever I went in the afternoon there  were abandoned  cars through fences, in ditches or hedges.                 

I remember  a time when the councils started treating the roads at 6.00am but today we are lucky if we see them by 11.00am by which time the going too fast commuter traffic has left the road!!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Haggis is served with mince around these parts.

Anyway.......anither braw day aroon' Fife............Chilly tho' at just 2.8c.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Same here on the coast Blitzen, Sat on bench at Kinghorn overlooking the blue Forth with the sun on our backs. Perfect day and hardly a soul on the beach below the cliffs.

Who needs Spain?!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Fine day today with no wind and sunny periods. Currently 3.5c 

Yesterday however started with a dawn frost that must have produced a lot of black ice because wherever I went in the afternoon there  were abandoned  cars through fences, in ditches or hedges.                 

I remember  a time when the councils started treating the roads at 6.00am but today we are lucky if we see them by 11.00am by which time the going too fast commuter traffic has left the road!!!

Indeed - A&E at Raigmore was busier yesterday than for quite a long time. Quite a few breakages.

I've seen gritters out early this winter but usually not actually gritting, probably just clocking up the overtime as the council's run out of grit :nonono:

Then on the primary routes, you'll see the gritters hunting in packs but again more likely to be just trucking along rather than doing anything useful.

Dunno that I'd like to be out without my winter rubber these days, even on supposedly main roads.  I try to keep a good distance from other vehicles too.

3 hours ago, edo said:

@Benvironmentis your job walking in snaw??? its the only explanation as to how you get to spend so much time walking in random snowy places ?

If only! My ranger contract has just ended and now it’s the annual waiting game to see whether there’s budget for next season.

• Like 5

On the train home from the Weeg. Damp and mild start to the day.

In terms of gritting I have to say the roads on my daily commute from Broughty Ferry to St Andrews are always well gritted, not had any problems this winter.

@Benvironment Hope the job situation works out. Your photos are stunning.

Not dreich here, yet anyways. Just breezy and mostly cloudy with outbreaks of Mogwai.  Oh and the cats fighting in the corridor. Mild too, looks to be heading towards the highest since the first week last month. Is winter over?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Not dreich here, yet anyways. Just breezy and mostly cloudy with outbreaks of Mogwai.  Oh and the cats fighting in the corridor. Mild too, looks to be heading towards the highest since the first week last month. Is winter over?

I wouldn't like to call that one actually, especially up here this year.

Certainly cannot remember a January in the last few years when we actually had snow?  and this area has had two falls this season, depositing 4" and 6".  Even the 2010/11 event  was all over by the end of December here,  bar the long thaw.

Still time I figure for another shout.   I mean I'm hardly ever wrong!:D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, Benvironment said:

If only! My ranger contract has just ended and now it’s the annual waiting game to see whether there’s budget for next season.

eeeek good luck hope it all works out.....and keep the great pictures coming  

Edited by edo
  • Like 1